Carnegie Mellon Class of 2027 Official Thread

This is the official discussion thread for Carnegie Mellon Class of 2027 RD applicants. Ask your questions and connect with fellow applicants.

RD Application Deadline is: January 3

4 Likes

I have some college courses that don’t show up in the high school transcript. My high school has already sent the mid year report ( transcript). Do I need to ask the college to send the college course transcript to CMU admissions office?

Dont know if you are required to, but my daughter did have the colleges send transcripts to all the colleges she applied to. I would think it would be helpful to your application for them to see you doing well in a college class (proof you can handle it) and it makes sure they have all of your grades. Unfortunately, some colleges do charge a small fee for this.

1 Like

CMU asked for SAT test score and we sent the scores, the college board sent all the test scores! Why do they need all scores?

Does CMU say about the exact date and time for EDII?

Same here. Hoping it’s a good sign!

Well, my son just told me that CMU is asking for his missing test scores. It’s a bit concerning that it’s coming up this late in the process so it tells me that he missed something along the way. So we just requested them from CB. Not much we can do at this point that they’re getting them so late.

1 Like

On the test scores, so did the CMU application portal show that the test scores had been received when the portal was first established after the application was submitted?

Probably not, but I’m not sure. I haven’t had access to my son’s portals until things have started to pop up leading me to believe that he’s not keeping up. So he gave me access over the weekend and I checked all of them. Found several missing or questionable items but this was the most concerning. I then asked him about it and he pulled up all previous email from CMU and sure enough, there’d been a couple emails he’d ignored.

One problem is he doesn’t delete any old emails. He needs to learn to use email properly and get organized.

I had not checked the portal until the email asking for SAT scores. Now the portal shows complete

Some schools like CMU and Yale request for all scores ever taken to be sent.

CMU wants to see ALL scores including the bad ones, but they will give the most weight to the highest section.

2 Likes

Did you call CMU to ask? My daughter took a couple summer classes and we sent the transcripts and they show up on the CMU’s portal. A lot of colleges don’t specify in the portal that they need college transcripts but when we called a couple schools they told us any colleges listed on common app- transcripts are required- this was told to us by UVA and UMD. Never showed up on other college portals but my DD confirmed receipt with each of her schools.

2 Likes

That email to my son requesting his official SAT scores was dated Feb 2 and we just followed up on it last night, Feb 7. It’ll be at least another week before scores arrive. This is not good.

If you did a rush score it may get there by end of this week.

CMU is currently test-optional. If you think waiting for the scores will be a detriment to the application, maybe your son could instead request his application be considered without the scores.

1 Like

I considered doing a rush on the scores but decided against it. He’s applying to a lot of colleges. I think I’m just tired of the constant spending on this process. I know that sounds awful. If it’s meant to be, it’s meant to be.

1 Like

Totally understand- it’s costly and rush fee seems outrageous when it’s sent electronically and not mail.

1 Like

yes, i sent the transcript and they received it.

3 Likes

Anyone applied to school of CS got email from them today to learn more about the school? Probably email to everyone.

3 Likes