Chance a rising senior with a reachy list for polysci + suggest safeties and matches?

Penn is an amazing place! Congratulations! Hurrah! Hurrah! Pennsylvan-i-a!

Can I ask which research program did you do ?

i’m sorry but I can’t since I can be doxxed if someone knows both the program name and my research topic.

just got my last decision an hour ago! so here’s how this went:

accepted: UPenn, UC Berkeley, UCLA, WashU, UCSD, UCSB, UC Davis, UW Seattle + Honors + Purple & Gold Scholarship
waitlisted: Columbia, UNC Chapel Hill, CMU, Boston University, Tufts
rejected: Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Brown, Stanford

not a single dream school (Yale, Stanford, Columbia) turned out in my favor but I have some good options right now. Weighing between Penn, Berkeley, and UCLA right now. Penn fin aid hasn’t come in yet but it will definitely be better than the UCs.

6 Likes

Which of the admitted schools are affordable, unaffordable, and pending (Penn)?

2 Likes

Yeah, but you got a lot of other people’s dream schools in there.

7 Likes

Yay!!! Congratulations!

UW is off the table but the UCs don’t have TERRIBLE loans. WashU is almost a full ride but I don’t think the school is a good fit for me.

that’s true and I’m grateful for what I have :]

How bout Penn. like WUSTL it meets need.

Loans are no good, especially for a Poli sci major with journalism as a goal.

as indicated upthread Penn fin aid hasn’t come in yet. however, knowing their policies + NPC indications it will probably be a full ride (barring summer work and work study)

2 Likes

possibly my last update here, but officially committed to UPenn on Friday :] and I just declined all my other admissions right now. a little scared I made the wrong choice but still excited for what lies ahead !!

18 Likes

Congratulations! Turn your face to the rising sun and don’t look back:there 100% will be puddles in your path and rainy days at Penn- and there will be at every.single.school. What you do and how you choose to handle the rough spots will be what makes it the right choice for you!

3 Likes

genuinely the last update – i’m a bit late but better late than never. i was rejected from the Columbia waitlist, which means I am fully committed to penn with nothing holding me back !!

11 Likes

Congratulations!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.