Chance A White Male From Connecticut

<p>My GPA is 3.2 unweighted and 3.3 weighted. I've taken one honors class and one AP class, and I am taking two AP classes next year. Superscored (two tests), my SAT is 1370/2030. My best SAT in one sitting was 1330/1990. My class rank is going to be somewhere from 25%-35% when I graduate. I play drums in a band that plays at places in my town (we recently played at our town's fireworks), I started the political science club at my school, and I volunteered to help coach my sister's softball team and logged 24 hours. I've played intramural basketball all three years and intramural volleyball my junior year. I've also done a few other things (playing with my band at Relay for Life, etc.). My family's estimated EFC is 37,000. Please help me out. </p>

<p>Also, would I receive any financial aid?</p>

<p>Thanks very much in advance.</p>

<p>Do you mean 1370/2400? If so then with a 3.3 weighted, I don’t think you really have a chance. Sorry. Is this supposed to be a joke though? because you listed 2 different denominators for your SAT 2030 and 1990. Don’t understand what that means.</p>

<p>I think s/he means 1370/1600 and 2030/2400.</p>

<p>Haha yes just figured that out. Oops. Your SATs are solid but is there anyway to get your weighted GPA above a 3.5?</p>

<p>I don’t know…If I remember right I don’t think my school calculates GPA until the end of the year…so it wouldn’t be sent to colleges.</p>

<p>Ok well here is a link with information on who got in with what, in bar graph form. So 142 got in with GPAs 3.1-3.99 and SAT Scores in the 1300s. I am not sure how many that is out of, but anyway, here you go: [Freshman</a> Snapshot | Undergraduate Admissions | Virginia Tech](<a href=“http://www.admiss.vt.edu/apply/snapshot.php]Freshman”>http://www.admiss.vt.edu/apply/snapshot.php)</p>

<p>You should get in if you raise your GPA just a little, I had a 1330 SAT and 4.2 weighted and got in (class of 2012) with no extracurricular’s. But being out of state will most likely get you in, the school needs money so the standards are lower for out of state students. Two of my roommates are from Md. and got in with <1200 SAT’s and 3.4 GPA’s.</p>

<p>Then again, I hear we’re tightening up on admissions because my class was overcrowded.</p>