Chance me Class of 2021 UC's

I’ve applied to UCSB, UCSC, UCB & UCSD. (UCB requested LOR’s)

1st to attend university, Gay, Hispanic/Native American, male. So far I’ve been accepted to Purdue and CSUMB. Biology major. Dad is a vet and I would like to stay in the UC realm so I can use the CalVet program for tuition.

UC GPA 3.92 graduating with an overall GPA of 3.96. Mediocre test scores 24 ACT (28 English 25 Math) & a 1650 SAT taken in the 11th grade. Could not afford to retake them. Also, suffer texting anxiety :confused: ELC candidate.

Attend a very small charter school. No AP or IB programs available. Was lucky to just have a-g classes. Completed Spanish III in the 11th grade. Currently taking Physics, UC Scout Statistics course online. Leadership for 3 years. Lead actor in play.
Creator of science bowl team. Ten member crew who competed for recognition from Sandia Labs.
Good EC’s (I think)- Internship for an Assemblywoman, lector at church, teaching baseball to disabled children, fundraising events for breast cancer patients, volunteered at the library.

Anyway, any input would be great. I would really like to hear from @Gumbymom :slight_smile: seems like you have the most intel on these schools. Thanks in advance!

Any input would be appreciated!

UC’s do not consider LGBT nor URM status, so no extra bump. Do you have a tribal registration?

Your school will send a profile stating no AP or IB classes are available, so this will not be a disadvantage.

Being an ELC candidate will guarantee you UC Merced.

Based on your stats only since essays/LOR’s and EC’s are very subjective.

UCSC: Match
UCSB: Match-High Match
UCSD: High Match-Low Reach
UCB: Low Reach- Reach but an LOR request looks promising.

I wish you the best of luck and hope my predictions are completely wrong.

Thank you for your input! I am really hoping for UCSB. I think UCB is a stretch considering my test scores but I am hopeful. I am waiting to find out about UCSD today. I live in the area and would prefer to go “away” for college or at least a 3-4 hour drive so I can pretend I am on my own :slight_smile: Thanks again. I will post my updates!

As for tribal registration, my mom was adopted and we are in the process of enrolling. Her great grandmother was 100% Hopi

Native American would have been a nice “hook” for many of the private schools. Again, UC’s do not consider ethnicity/race.

Update: Denied UCSD, Cal Poly SLO and SDSU. Just hoping for one UC to come through. If not-it will be Purdue or CSUMB.

Accepted UCSC, now waiting on UCSB :smiley:

Hi, completely unrelated to your question. Curious to know what you thought of UC scout? I’m considering taking AP US History (teacher-led) with them.