Chance Me for REA Stanford + other schools [WY resident, 3.9/1580, NM likely, need full-ride, Physics]

I would, my parents make around 65k combined

2 Likes

UTDallas NMF package does not include a full room and board scholarship.

National Merit Scholars at UT Dallas receive:

• Complete coverage of UT Dallas tuition and mandatory fees for up to eight semesters1
  • $4,000 per semester cash stipend to defray the costs of books, supplies and other expenses
  • $1,500 per semester on-campus housing stipend2
  • One-time study abroad stipend up to $6,000 to support an international education experience
  • Admission into Collegium V Honors program

Although their NMF package is strong, it’s not as strong as some others mentioned here that offer true full rides.

That’s helpful. Take a look at Questbridge, many of your schools are QB partners.

Once you have a chance to run the NPCs, let us know what some are showing.

NPCs aren’t yet updated for 2024-25 COA (so add 4% - 5% to all estimates), nor are they updated for coming FAFSA changes. Additionally, NPCs may be less than accurate if your parents are divorced, own real estate beyond a primary home, or own a business. Are any of those the case for you?

3 Likes

If OP applies under the QB match program, there’s no need to apply REA to Stanford (since Stanford is a QB partner), is there? A number of other colleges on OP’s list are also QB partners.

1 Like

At that level, many of the high reaches will be true full rides on the basis of FA only.

1 Like

That’s fair.

My sense, though, is there are cases where someone has really good numbers and can get a full ride from a university like that, but may miss out on holistic review admissions at the most selective colleges.

Correct, OP would not apply to Stanford REA if they do QB…OP would list Stanford on their ranked list of 15 QB colleges, presumably as their #1 choice. Students who apply via QB and rank schools can not apply to any other schools ED, EA, or REA/SCEA.

https://www.questbridge.org/high-school-students/national-college-match/how-it-works

1 Like

Sadly, I need to close this thread because it is a hoax. I’m unsure what motivates this bored kid to waste everyone’s time.

1 Like