Chance me for the schools I'm applying to [Equestrian going premed for rare diseases]

Holy Moly! Plot twist!

I may be crying for you a bit myself! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS!

7 Likes

Wow, that is a plot twist! I hope you’re able to talk with someone and confirm that Northeastern at Boston for 2023 is the actual thing and not a mistake (I recall an issue at Fordham earlier this year), but if it’s not a mistake, then that sounds like the best option based on what your family has been signaling that it wants. It would be a huge relief to be able to start college with your cohort and not worry about transfer classes and what transfers and how that might impact grad school, etc. Keeping my fingers crossed, but this sounds so very, very promising! :crossed_fingers:t4: :crossed_fingers:t4: :crossed_fingers:t4:

/Sincere

4 Likes

Great news! Of course double check with NE admissions, and make sure you get confirmation…ask what changed? After all of this, and the many hoops NE told you to work on, on your end, any reasonable person would want to make sure there is ZERO confusion!!

3 Likes

did I not mention we met with the DRC yesterday…? and practically begged them in the politest way possible to put me in fall 2023? /coughing, happily

anyways. I’m just gonna sit on cloud 9 for awhile. I’ll update y’all in the evening once we put the deposit down. bring cookies. /happily, playful

7 Likes

Proving that god things come to good people. In your case you are determined, resilient, smart and good!!

Congratulations to you and also congratulations to your parents for raising such an impressive kid.

5 Likes

Thank you so, so so much. /appreciatively

I owe all of this to my parents and to God. And I’m just… in shock. /happily, grateful

7 Likes

Good afternoon [deadname]
I am reaching out on behalf of the admissions committee to let you know that your Offer of Admission to join Northeastern has been moved from a start in the Oakland campus to a start in the Boston campus.
We appreciate the care and concern you and your family have shown as you have advocated for your needs. Our united goal is to ensure student success across all of our campuses, and we are grateful for your patience as we have coordinated our understanding of your circumstances and our offerings with many campus partners.
We are thrilled to continue to welcome and invite you to join the Northeastern community. Your Application Status Check has been updated to reflect an offer of admission at the Boston campus and all of the required steps should you choose to deposit and enroll can be found there.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Sincerely,
Katie Fulton (she/her)
Director of Admissions
Office of the Chief Enrollment Management Officer
Northeastern University

SOBBING HARD. /yup this is it guys

this doesn’t feel real. /shaky, happily

18 Likes

Wonderful! I’m so happy for you!!!

1 Like

Wonderful news!! Congratulations!! I am so happy it worked out for you!

2 Likes

That was my guess too. Basically a waitlist spot. Thanks for clarifying and congratulations to OP!

2 Likes

Try to get something in writing about the credits you need, credits that can transfer etc.
Again, very happy for you.

There won’t be a need for the credit transfer stuff since I’m going for fall 2023! /happily

2 Likes

Oops…I missed that. Even more wonderful.

Congratulations again and all best wishes for success and happiness going forward.

I’m confident that you will make the most of this wonderful opportunity.

Thanks for sharing your journey with the CC community.

2 Likes

Thank you so much!!! I’m elated. /happily

again, y’all- I’ll give a proper update soon (likely with curious questions to follow) by the evening! /happily

3 Likes

I’ve been reading this thread all along, and I am so happy to chime in with my congratulations too! Woo Hoo!!! /elatedly

1 Like

That’s really great. I’ve been following this thread forever, but haven’t posted because most of my thoughts were covered by others more eloquently than I could have expressed myself.

One of my kids has a chronic condition that is also no fun to live with. I know your anxiety, and that of your parents.

I’m so happy this worked out for you the way you wanted it to.

Take a long and well-deserved victory lap.

5 Likes

thank you so much!! so excited to be attending this upcoming fall! (if you’ve seen recent news.) /happily

I am taking the LONGEST FREAKIN’ VICTORY LAP EVER. /happily, grinning

3 Likes

Woo-hoo!! Delighted for you!

This is great news! Much better than the transfer option. Congratulations!

just submitted my enrollment deposit!! OFFICIALLY A HUSKY!!! /squealing

I’m just over the moon right now. I never thought this would happen, but it has, and i’m so, so excited to spend the next 4 years at Northeastern Boston!! /happily

also- housing hasn’t shown up immediately after we submitted it, it’ll show up in about 2 days, once they’ve processed it. /happily

Once again, I’m so so grateful to everyone here. /happily, appreciative

11 Likes