Chance me for Transfer!

Currently Sopho @ URochester CS and Business Information System double B.S major Asian(Chinese, International Student(no PR/US citizen))

GPA:

College 3.76 58cr+22IP (CS Major GPA 4.00)

HS: 4.14

No SAT/ACT, No TOEFL(US HS)

Course taken(taking) for CS: Data Structures & Algorithms, Mobile App Development, Web Programming, Data Mining, Artificial Intelligence

Project, Working, Activity:

Research Assistant for UR Data Sci

Teaching Assistant for Intro CS and Discrete Math

Essay: 1 Text Clustering 2Naive Bayes and Decision Tree Classifiers

and some useless club members

Schools I applied to:

UNC CS

UVA CS

WashU Data Sci

Emory CS

GaTech CS

Tufts CS

BostonCollege CS

USC CS

Northwestern CS

NYU Tandon CSE

Rice CS

Vanderbilt CS

Northeastern CS

Please chance me for those schools if you are familiar with one/some of them, thanks!

This is a very good thing to be doing.

This is good also.

Both in general, and for computer science, internships and research experience are very important. You are already doing very well in this regard where you are now. U.Rochester is very good for computer science. Why are you trying this hard to transfer?

I might add, when I was a graduate student (at Stanford), I studied with students who had graduated from a very, very wide range of other universities. It is very normal for people to get their master’s degree at a different university compared to where they got their bachelor’s. If at some point you are interested in getting a master’s degree, then to me it would make a lot of sense to consider a range of other universities.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.