Chance Me for transferring into Lick Wilmerding and SI

Hi, I regret not applying to private schools and I’m a rising freshman, I want to try to transfer into SI or lick. Both Lick and SI have a very competitive admission process. Lick is even more competitive as they create a less than 150 rising freshman class. I really want to transfer into Lick, but I believe my chances are extremely low; here is some basic information

factors that may change chances of getting in:
first gen asian-american (specifically full chinese)
extremely close to low income (will need to apply for financial aid)
i don’t have unique ecs

stats/facts/ecs:
4.0 gpa throughout all middle school years (49/330+ students at my school achieved this)
before 8th grade, was nominated to participate in scholarship paid overnight STEM camp @ UC Davis (I was 1 out of 4 students nominated in my city)
played in school volleyball team in 8th grade
piano ever since i was in kindergarden
violin for ~4 years
~90 volunteer hours
Been painting at a studio for ~1 year now
Hobbies include dancing, painting, and baking

I feel like my stats feel very stereotypical asian, which is not what lick wants because of their dedication to diversity.

another note, i was accepted into Lowell at my 3rd choice

so really, what are my chances?

Do you want to transfer for 10th or are you hoping to get a spot for September at 9th? Both will be hard but the latter will be much harder.

I want to try transferring as soon as possible, SI does not offer transferring in mid year, but Lick does not specify it on their website

Honestly, this will be hard. You are effectively applying late, hoping that they will prefer you over anyone on their WL if someone chooses to cancel their enrollment.

You may want to go to your best option for 9th and apply for 10th.

2 Likes