Chance Me- Holistic Admit

<p>Intended major BS Economics</p>

<p>Homeschool
4.0 GPA UW
4.13 GPA W
4.0 College GPA (9 credit hrs thusfar, at least 9 more in the schedule for fall/spring)
2000 SAT (retaking in Oct)
1290 CR+M (******************** FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU)
184 PSAT
AP Calc AB</p>

<p>159.5 Volunteer hours
Boy's State Texas
Tres. NHS - 2yrs
Yearbook - 2yrs
Speech + Debate - 1yr
Employee - retail - tiny amount of supervisory experience @ $73mil annual store</p>

<p>White male nonreligious, in-state Texas</p>

<p>I think that you should be okay. You do know that you have to have 24 hours before admissions will consider as a transfer, right? If you are able to get the 24 hours and still have the 4.0 you should be golden. Also, you might talk to someone in admissions and sign up for the PTA in Econ. All you need for that is a 3.0 and you’ll be considered auto-admit.</p>

<p>Consider taking the ACT - it’s offered earlier than October, and you might pull off that 30! Wouldn’t be surprised at all.</p>

<p>Gender, race and religious affiliation have nothing to do with your chances for admittance.</p>

<p>I don’t think OP is considering coming in as a Transfer, but an entering Freshman with some hours taken in high school.</p>

<p>Agree, take the ACT too. Also on the plus side, Econ is not a popular major so if you are holistic review you still have a good chance of getting your desired major & your current scores are very close to auto admit. Don’t panic.</p>

<p>Also, check with your local Home School Association to see if you can be assigned a ranking.</p>

<p>Not planning to take the ACT because I know utterly nothing about it, I feel I’d be better just plugging through and trying my luck at the SAT because I didn’t really study too much last time.</p>

<p>Suit yourself, but what’s the worst that can happen? If you don’t do well, you don’t submit the score. The ACT is just another standardized test. Some people find it easier than the SAT. (Not everyone)</p>

<p>"The ACT is an achievement test, measuring what a student has learned in school. The SAT is more of an aptitude test, testing reasoning and verbal abilities.</p>

<p>The ACT has up to 5 components: English, Mathematics, Reading, Science, and an optional Writing Test. The SAT has only 3 components: Critical Reasoning, Mathematics, and a required Writing Test.</p>

<p>The College Board introduced a new version of the SAT in 2005, with a mandatory writing test. ACT continues to offer its well-established test, plus an optional writing test. You take the ACT Writing Test only if required by the college(s) you’re applying to.</p>

<p>The SAT has a correction for guessing. That is, they take off for wrong answers. The ACT is scored based on the number of correct answers with no penalty for guessing.</p>

<p>The ACT has an Interest Inventory that allows students to evaluate their interests in various career options."</p>

<p>[Frequently</a> Asked Questions | What is the difference between the ACT and SAT? | ACT Student](<a href=“http://www.actstudent.org/faq/actsat.html]Frequently”>http://www.actstudent.org/faq/actsat.html)</p>

<p>My older son never did better than 1220 SAT but knocked out a 31 on the ACT with no studying for it.</p>

<p>Homeschooled students don’t need a ranking from an organization, they are assigned to the 25th percentile. You are getting good advice about testing retakes,a few more points and you’re good.</p>