Chance Me on Va. Tech

<p>current junior at a prep school in SE PA. I didnt take school seriously until this year. Will address that in my college essay. Also, does Virginia Tech, have a form of GPA forgiveness, such as putting emphasis on my Junior and Senior Grades? Will they notice my upward trend, and will is sway them into a decision?</p>

<p>Freshman Year: 2.64
Sophomore Year: 2.66
Junior Year: 3.7 (so far)
Senior Year: hoping for the same if not better than junior year.
PSAT: 187</p>

<p>Awards: 9th Grade Academic Achievement award in Programming, 10th grade JV hockey all star, JV hockey coaches award</p>

<p>Leadership: Head of Programming robotics team</p>

<p>ECs: FIRST Robotics, academic competition, March for Life club, varsity ice hockey, Theatre Society, stock market club, intramural soccer and volleyball, Club ice hockey, eBay powerseller, jv lacrosse, and 50+ hours of community service.</p>

<p>Here is some data from naviance of previously accepted students from my high school</p>

<p>ImageShack®</a> - Online Photo and Video Hosting</p>

<p>ImageShack®</a> - Online Photo and Video Hosting</p>

<p>VT is very numbers driven. Search for the thread by chuy, a VT alumni. He posted with some links to check that show the GPA range for accepted students.
For example, for the fall of 2011 the mid-50% GPA was 3.81–4.24. As reported by the high schools, which means that that may include weighted grades.
Also VT only looks at grades through the junior year.</p>