Chance Me: Virginia Tech

Hi! I applied to Virginia Tech RD back in November and I was wondering if someone could evaluate my chances.

In-state, first generation college student, applied as a political science major
3.95 weighted GPA, 1250 SAT score
18th in class of 319
2 AP classes (APUSH score of 4, AP Lit score of 3), 8 Honors classes, 8 Dual Enrollment classes
Involved in the National Honor Society, National English Honor Society, National Art Honor Society, Class of 2018 Committee, Recycling Club, SCA, and Junior Marshal
Former President of Animation Club
Attended the Summer Residential Governor’s School for the Humanities at Radford University
2017 Hampton Roads Student Gallery Finalist
Artwork published in the Virginia Art Education Association magazine
Finalist in Virginia High School League Film Festival

Service-wise, I have 100+ hours. One of the projects I worked on was called Dear Hero, where I had students write letters and donate money to veterans. I wrote about it for one of my essays; I thought it would be appealing to admissions because I know Virginia Tech is big into service and military.

My school has an average SAT score of 1050, average GPA of 3.5, and has a basically nonexistent AP program, so I haven’t been exposed as much compared to other in-state students.

I think it’s also worth mentioning that VaTech emailed me saying that they notified the Honors College of my application. I got rejected from my dream school (UVA) and this school is my second choice. Let me know what you think!

Average GPA 3.88, SAT 1243 for enrolled students last year for what it is worth. Obviously, there is more than raw stats however. See attached link. Best of luck.

https://irweb.ir.vt.edu/webtest/admission_data.aspx