- Math: 28
- English: 27
- Reading: 23
- Science 24
Writing: 10</p>

<p>AP Spanish Languge: 3
Community College Credit for Psychology </p>

<p>GPA: 2.91 unweighted, 5.4/7 weighted</p>

<p>Course Rigor: 2 years of honors English, 1 year of honors world civilizations, 3 years of honors science, 2 years of AP Physics (B and C), 1 year of honors math, 1 year of AP Psych, 2 years of honors Spanish, 2 years of AP Spanish, 1 year of AP Stats, 2 years of honors business, and the rest are academic or unweighted classes.</p>

<p>Extracurriculars:
- 4 years of Latinos at West
- 3 years Peer Leaders
- 4 years of DECA
- 1 year of Soccer
- 1 year of Lacrosse
- Sales associate at Journeys
- 2 years of Patriot Club
- 2 years of gardening club</p>

<p>Achievements:
- Honor roll
- Winner of drug abuse essay contest
- selected for a student group to interview the potential new principal of our school
- Elected President of Latinos at West</p>

<p>Ethnicity: Hispanic/Latino</p>

<p>I am out of state. (From New Jersey)</p>

<p>Definitely apply but I’m not sure what the odds are of acceptance. Your SATs, especially reading, are lower than they would like. GPA isn’t as high as the average accepted student but admissions does look at the grading for your particular HS. Being Hispanic may help but I don’t know how much it helps the application.</p>

<p>Good luck.</p>

<p>But my ACT is a 26. Isn’t that the average at Virginia tech?</p>

<p>VT looks only at Math and English, your two strongest. Given the low Reading SAT, you might want to consider only providing your ACT scores. VT average composite is 27, with the middle 50% 25-29. The middle 50% for English is 25-30 and Math 25-31.</p>

<p>Do you have an upward trend at all in your GPA? It is low, and most people with that type of unweighted wouldn’t get accepted, but if you had a really freshman/sophomore year and then had huge improvements and honor roll after, it could help you.</p>

<p>Unfortunately I don’t know how high your chances are purely based on stats. I had a higher unweighted GPA and higher SAT scores and was rejected as a freshman. And this was a few years ago, so it’s only gotten more competitive since then.</p>

<p>Yea, you’ll get in it’s not very hard to get admitted if you aren’t applying for business or engineering</p>

<p>Easy to get in? I do not think so, check the ED tread going on and see all the deferrals that may very well turn in to denials.</p>

<p>Yea, check the acceptance rate its 70% overall, and 50% for ED. I’m sure you will get in RD. Good luck</p>

<p>Curious where your ED stats come from. I have only seen acceptance rate of RD, but would love some information on ED. For example, % of ED applications accepted, deferred, denied. % of ED deferrals receiving acceptance during RD. Do you have any information on these? Thanks in advance.</p>

<p>[2012-2013</a> | Institutional Research & Effectiveness Home | Virginia Tech](<a href=“http://www.ir.vt.edu/work_we_do/commonDataSet/12-13/2012CommonDataSet.html]2012-2013”>http://www.ir.vt.edu/work_we_do/commonDataSet/12-13/2012CommonDataSet.html)</p>

<p>Click the 3rd link open the excel spreadsheet and scroll down to early decision in the spreadsheet 2,121 applied last year and 1,108 were accepted last year. Making the ED acceptance rate 52%. Early decision is always more competitive compared to Regular Decision if you look at the other common data sets.</p>

<p>We shouldn’t misunderstand those numbers. 52% may be offered admission, but that doesn’t mean the remaining 48% were denied, some of them were deferred. Since we don’t know how many were deferred and eventually offered admission that 52% isn’t necessarily a bad thing.</p>

<p>Laxdude43 - Thanks for the link. I have looked at a lot of this data in the past, but never noticed that particular one. Have you found anything on the % of deferrals subsequently admitted?</p>

<p>undercover007 - Agreed and realize the 48% were simply deferred not denied. (I am assuming deferrals are materially 100% of the 48% given I have yet to hear of any significant denials during ED over the last couple years.)</p>

<p>I haven’t given up, just like to know my odds…and don’t say 50/50…hee hee</p>