Chance Me

Hello,
I am a junior OOS from Maryland. I really really love the University of Wisconsin Madison. I am really interested in what they have to offer especially their Russian Flagship Program. The university is one of i think seven in the country that offer this program. The other ones are UCLA and a couple of liberal arts colleges located in the northeast. Please Chance Me and see wether I’d have a shot getting into my dream school.

GPA- UW: 3.63
GPA-W: 3.92

AP Classes: APUSH (3) , AP EURO, AP LANG( yet to be determined)

ACT: 28

Extracurricular- Head of speech and debate team (9-11),
Speaks 6 languages ( Russian, French, Arabic, Chinese and German)

Executive Board Member of the Maryland Youth Advisory Council- appointed by the governor of Maryland to serve as a liaison between millions of maryland youth and policymakers.

Stanford China Scholar- one of twenty students in the nation chosen by Stanford university to do an in depth study of the relationship between the United States and China

Freer Sackler Teen Council Member- one of about twelve students in the DC area to intern with the Smithsonian Freer Sackler Gallery of Asian art and create a documentary about the bhuddist community living in DC. Creating a documentary about the first American Woman munk and entering into the Asian Pacific American film festival

Started the Chinese language program in my high school through the Confucius Institute and brought scholars from china to teach at my school

Host Sister- hosted 3 girls from China ( Shanghai, Chengdu, Beijing) and 2 girls from Germany ( Ahlen, Cologne)

Awards: Global Excellence Award in Russian Studies- award this scholarship to study Russian in a Russian village for one month

8th best speaker at debate camp out of 92 kids
made
Honor Roll all four semesters - freshman through sophomore years.

Two time Nsliy semi finalist ( have interview tommrow- so hope for the best)

Person selected from school to go to HOBY MD

Summer Activities: Studied Arabic through the state department for six weeks- after freshman year

Lived in Russian Village- after sophomore year

Volunteer : Young Lives- volunteer by providing teen mothers with training to go back to school

Race: Black

Sex: F

Please tell me what you think. I really love this school and I want to continue my Russian studies.

Sorry I left this out: every single one of my other classes are honors

Last thing

Average.

What do you mean average. What should I do to increase my chances.

Average means in that vast middle pool of applicants. As a HS junior you need to get better grades this year and better test scores in the spring to improve your stats. EC’s do not replace academics.