Chance of Scholarship at Alabama!

I’m a female from Massachusetts and I was recently accepted to Alabama! I am ecstatic about it and am definitely going to apply into the honors college, as my stats seem to imply I would get in. I am also wondering if I would be eligible for any scholarships, as I am out of state. Please let me know if you think I am eligible for any scholarships :slight_smile:

SAT- (new) 1360 (710 English & 650 Math)
UW GPA- My school doesn’t do unweighted, but i think it would be around a 3.65 or higher.
W GPA- 4.15
APs- By the end of this year I will have taken 8 AP courses

Sports-
Varsity Girls Swim Team, Varsity Girls Field Hockey Team, Varsity Lacrosse Team (4 Years for all)
Varsity Lacrosse Captain Senior Year
Awarded All Star award twice in my region for lacrosse

Extracurriculars-
Yearbook Committee
Science Club
International Language Club
Student Delegate at Massachusetts “Day on the Hill” event
Mock Trial Juror at my local Juvenile Court
Winter Club Lacrosse Team
Summer Club Lacrosse Team

Volunteer Work-
Local food bank
My city’s annual festival
Local theatre volunteer

Work-
Congressional Internship (Which I think may be impressive to admissions)
Camp Counselor
Hostess
Cashier at Local Farm

Honors-
NHS inductee
Second Place award on the National Latin Exam
Back to back regional All Star awards in Lacrosse 2015 & 2016

Tuition scholarships are automatic (as opposed to ‘competitive’), meaning that ALL who qualify for them receive them automatically with admission, not just a limited number of students. See here for thresholds: http://scholarships.ua.edu/types/out-of-state.php
Additional scholarships may be applied for - the application is simple and takes a short amount of time to complete.
Also once you are admitted, ask your department/college if there are any additional funds to apply for.
Similarly, membership to the Honors College is open to ALL who qualify, based on GPA and test scores (not a resume or ECs). That HC application is equally simple.
Remember to re-apply for scholarships through the HC after your freshman year - your tuition scholarship will continue (as long as you meet the requirements), but there are many additional scholarships each year that students forget about - most are $500, but, hey, every little bit helps.

@aeromom Wow thank you so much for all this info! Do you by any chance know if Bama superscores SATs when applying for scholarships? I already filled out the additional scholarship application too!

NO superscore. Read about it in the FAQs: http://scholarships.ua.edu/faq/

What is your SAT score WITHOUT superscoring?

@mom2collegekids 1330!

Out-of-State Scholarships for 2017-2018

Please review our FAQ section for details on the scholarships listed below.

First time freshmen who meet the December 15 scholarship priority deadline, have a qualifying score on the ACT, old SAT (critical reading and math scores only) or new SAT (evidence-based reading and writing plus math, 1600 scale — see note below) and have at least a 3.5 cumulative high school GPA will be eligible for the following merit-based scholarships:

Capstone Scholar

A student with a 27 ACT, 1210–1240 old SAT score or 1280-1300 new SAT score and a minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA will be selected as a Capstone Scholar and will receive $14,000 over four years ($3,500 per year).

Collegiate Scholar

With a 28 ACT, 1250–1280 old SAT score or 1310-1340 new SAT score and a minimum GPA of 3.5 a student will be named a Collegiate Scholar and will receive $16,000 over four years ($4,000 per year).

Foundation in Excellence Scholar

A student with a 29 ACT, 1290-1320 old SAT score or 1350-1380 new SAT score and at least a 3.5 GPA will be named a Foundation in Excellence Scholar and will receive $52,000 over four years ($13,000 per year).

UA Scholar

If a student has a 30-31 ACT, 1330-1390 old SAT score or 1390-1440 new SAT score and at least a 3.5 GPA, he or she will be named a UA Scholar and will receive the value of two-thirds tuition, or $71,904 over four years ($17,976 per year).

Presidential Scholar

A student with a 32-36 ACT, 1400-1600 old SAT score or 1450-1600 new SAT score and at least a 3.5 GPA will be selected as a Presidential Scholar and will receive the value of tuition, or $107,800 over four years ($26,950 per year). Students graduating with remaining tuition scholarship semester(s) may utilize these monies toward graduate school and/or law school study at UA.

A Note About Test Scores