Chance Rising Senior w/ Journalism Spike for Yale REA, Ivies [4.0 GPA, 36 ACT, 1590 SAT, < $50k/year]

I am definitely considering law school, and right now it’s looking like a likely career path. I was originally planning on applying to smaller LAC’s, but given the single digit acceptance rates and my already substantial reach list, I didn’t want to burden myself with more supplementals. I’m not in love with Amherst, and I would definitely be happy attending a larger public school (I’m actually kinda vibing with the anonymity).

Thanks for the advice on Penn! I actually really like BU, but the price is a bit high without merit scholarships. I might end up applying to BU and Penn if I don’t feel too burnt out. I’m not sure if the academic rigor of Wake Forest justifies the vibe it gets for being extremely preppy, so that’s kind of a turn off for me. I think I need to research U Mich a bit more before deciding either way.

If you’re going to law school, find an affordable undergrad school without loans. Where you go - Bowdoin or Boise State likely will matter little. Your gpa, what you do in and after if you take a gap year and LSAT - which you’ve already proven you’ll do well as a fine test taker.

Don’t believe me - ask the kids at Harvard Law from 174 schools - Fairleigh Dickinson, Cal State La, Cal State Northridge, Lamar, Oakland, Stetson, Miss State and many more.

Yes they’ll have more kids from higher level
Schools because those great test takers were great for undergrad too. But you’re not necessarily at a disadvantage by choosing a lesser perceived school in regards to law school admissions. So if it’s WVU vs UVA to save some $$, it’s not an issue.

While your stats are indeed impressive, when admission rates are low, even high stats students are rejected. I would not say admission for any oos high stats student to UVA is “likely.”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.