Chances for acceptance for next year

<p>I'm a junior BTW.
Stats:
28 ACT -(I have not taken mine yet but received a 28 on practice exam (administered as a former ACT exam, hopefully will be higher)
3.78 WGPA (will rise)
15/159 CLASS RANK (will rise)
Wisconsin resident</p>

<p>ECs:
Kiwanis Club president, Foreign club, NHS, Volunteer teaching tennis, Varsity tennis, Started own business with 65K+ sales last year, Science club, Some community service but not much</p>

<p>Course load:
Vigorous. AP Psychology and AP English this year, plan on having 4 AP next. Last year (soph) I had physics and chem, but received a C+ and the latter B. I have anatomy this year, received a C+ first semester, will hopefully have B-A- this next semester. Will these low grades hurt my chances? I have basically A and Bs. </p>

<p>What am I missing, and do I still have a good chance?
TIA!</p>

<p>The extracurricular will definitely help you out a lot, but you might want to work on upping your ACT or even moreso your (unweighted) GPA. An ACT of 28, while respectable, falls in the upper-middle range of Madison. It’s also different when actually taking the ACT than when taking practice tests. You’ll be able to make a better estimate of your chances after you receive the official test score. Also, what makes you think that your GPA and class rank will rise? Your grades seem to be trending downward, not upward. I’m not trying to burst your bubble, just giving you a realistic picture of your chances.</p>

<p>Keep class rank in top 10% and work on better ACT–30 is the new 28.</p>

<p>Thank you. I know there is definite room for improvement with my ACT.
The practice ACT was administered at our school and was proctored like the true ACT, but I do understand how it truly is not the same as the authentic test on the day. </p>

<p>Are hundreds of hours of community service needed for Madison? </p>

<p>Actually this past semester I had a GPA of 3.92W, 3.73UW. My grades are actually getting better and there is definite improvement first semester/second of my junior year.</p>

<p>CS is minor consideration. It’s grades in tough classes, overall grades and trends, class rank and test scores. Then essays and ECs. Everything else pretty minor.</p>

<p>No to the service hours. Given a choice between more ECs and better academics- concentrate on the school work. Tons of ECs will not replace lesser grades/courses/test scores. Improving grades do matter- keep it up senior year and try for your best grades this spring. Junior year is the most important as that is the the most recent picture of you colleges will see on applications.</p>