Chances for instate tuition or merit scholarship

<p>Hey so I am a white male for northern VA looking for merit aid. I want to go here for engineering but would need in state tuition. I applied early. Chance me for instate tuition (trustee) </p>

<p>Cold hard stats:</p>

<p>Gpa weighted 4.32 all As except one B in calculus AB . </p>

<p>To make up for this, I took BC calc at nova community college over the summer (Top cc in us) and got an A.</p>

<p>As a result, my nova gpa is 4.0.</p>

<p>10/271 for top 5 percent of class</p>

<p>9 APs total including senior year (*<em>not counting Multivariable calculus first semester senior year and linear algebra second semester *</em>) </p>

<p>ACT: 33 with a 35 in math 35 in English and 31 in science and 29 in reading (I got a 32 in reading on a different date) in one date. Also a 9 in the essay for a 32 combined English writing score. </p>

<p>SAT math 2: 770</p>

<p>SAT us history:690 (won't send unless required) </p>

<p>SAT chemistry:650 (won't send unless required) </p>

<p>Taking lit (hopefully 710ish)</p>

<p>Extra circulars: </p>

<p>This is the best part of my app:</p>

<p>co-founder and IT officer of a non profit organization dedicated to providing kids with comfort items and educations. It's super official and incorporated in the common wealth of VA. It's been shown on CNN and PBS. I am planning on starting a chapter at whichever school I attend (possible hook?) </p>

<p>For my eagle scout project i engineered a virtual medical clinic to treat the uninsured. I obtained over 30 K in donations in medical equipment. It's a really cool story and I wrote it up extremely well. </p>

<p>Placed second in biochemistry at the regional science and engineering fair </p>

<p>Received a 4 on the Virginia mathematics league test. </p>

<p>Math tutor in community and school</p>

<p>Board of governor for an advisory council dedicated to helping teens overcome issues with are most oppressing. </p>

<p>Tennis team number one seed and captain. MVP all three years. Competed at districts as a individual and team. </p>

<p>Gold and silver presidential awards for over 300 service hours sophomore year and 200 junior year. </p>

<p>An alumni of leadership Loudoun and 2013 boys state. Elected city party convention leader. - leadership </p>

<p>Mu alpha theta, nhs, and foreign language honor societies, and all of those other app fillers. </p>

<p>Awarded magnum cum laude on Latin 4 national exam.</p>

<p>I was an intern at a prestigious concierge medical company where I learned how to configure and use medical equipment under former white house physicians. </p>

<p>So what schools can I realistically get in? </p>

<p>Thanks!!</p>

<p>Nobody has an opinion</p>

<p>You absolutely will not receive in-state tuition…because you (actually, your parents) do not reside in the state of Indiana and have not been contributing tax payers.</p>

<p>That being said, I would think you’re almost a 100% guaranteed recipient of the Presidential Scholarship and that you have a 1 in 4 chance of receiving a Trustees Scholarship (based on your ECs, not your grades).</p>

<p>Thanks! That’s a realistic response and I appreciate it.</p>

<p>They don’t require SAT2. They even suppressed self report. Since you get 35 in Math subscore, I don’t think sending in your Math2 score is necessary.</p>

<p>Hopefully the 35 helps</p>

<p>You have a wonderful chance!</p>

<p>Really? I would love the trustee scholarship</p>

<p>You can look forward to a great scholarship offer</p>