Chances for UCB, UCLA?

I am an in-state applicant and was wondering what my chances are for UCB comp sci (letters and science NOT Eecs)

3.43 UW, 3.73 W, 3.93 UC GPA
I am taking the New SAT in October and am looking at a score ranging from 1500 - 1550 (2110 - 2250). I have a great upward trend, and have a demanding senior year course load.

AP Calculus BC: 5
AP Chemistry: 4
AP Computer Science: 4
AP Japanese: 5
SAT Math 2: 800
SAT Chemistry: 740
SAT Japanese: 760

EC’s:

• Freshman Basketball and JV Basketball (2 years total)
  • Junior Varsity Tennis and Varsity Tennis (3 years total, this year captain of varsity)
  • Have been playing violin for 7 years and been in High School Orchestra (All 4 years)
  • Competitive Computer Science Club (2 years, this year officer)
  • Working at a math tutoring center (2 years and counting)
  • Programming Intern at California Institute for Quantitative Biosciences at UC Berkeley over the summer
  • ATDP Summer Course “Introduction to Python” in the summer of 2015, and volunteered as a TA this summer for an Algebra I class

Essays:

• I personally think they are very strong and helps set me apart
  • How I have overcome my speech deficiencies due to playing the violin, and have “broke my shell” and improved my communication and interaction skills
  • How math is my favorite subject and has influenced my career path
  • How I had a C in my first semester of AP Computer Science and ultimately overcame that challenge and developed a passion for the subject, in large part due to the internship
  • How having a multilingual/cultural background has influenced my life in a multitude of ways

Thank You!

Hi! I just started as a freshman at UC Berkeley and I’m in L&S CS. Your AP and SAT scores look great! (although Berkeley only uses the AP Calc BC score for skipping math classes so not exactly useful once you get in :() . Honestly, your GPA is definitely on the lower side so you probably won’t get in… But you never know! For now, just try to focus on your essay. (and my senior grades sucked. thank god they don’t look at that before decisions). My CS midterm is in an hour… :frowning: