Chances of being accepted to Geneseo

<p>Do I have a chance at being accepted to Geneseo? Here's what I've got:</p>

<p>-96.3 unweighted GPA
-1770/2400 sat, 1210/1600
-ranked 8th in class of 400
-scored 3's on each of AP World, Biology, and Statistics tests (AP Scholar). Taking AP
Physics and AP Calculus as a senior.
-varsity baseball for two years
-junior varsity baseball for two years (served as team captain in 10th grade)
-Member of National Honor Society
-Member of Italian Honor Society
-Mastery on all NYS Regents' exams
-50 hours of community service
-Member of Jiu-Jitsu for 4 years</p>

<p>Your GPA and class rank are fantastic but the SAT is oddly low. Their middle 50% was 1290 - 1380 so I’d say it’s a reach. Good luck, though, you definitely have a shot.</p>

<p>Your AP classes must not have been very rigorous for you to have gotten 3’s on all of them.
Really, your GPA doesn’t equate with your SAT or AP scores, so either you’re an awful test taker (unlikely, as grades in school often use tests…) or you’re at an easy school.
Agreeing with rebeccar, reach.</p>

<p>Thank you for your responses. While taking the SAT, I find it difficult to finish all of the questions in the time that is given (mostly cr and writing). This is the main reason why my score is low. When it comes to the AP tests, I didn’t really study for them and I regret that now. However, it was always difficult mostly because I play on 2 baseball teams during the spring. But, I don’t want to make excuses. I should’ve studied more. I will change that up this May though. Also, I wanted to point out that I got a 710 on Math 1 and a 640 on physics (subject tests). Does Geneseo factor these scores into the admissions process?</p>

<p>You are fine!
I’ll bet you are accepted. Let us know.</p>

<p>I’ll be honest and say that I think you’ll be select wait listed with a guaranteed spring admit. Geneseo places a ton of weight on SAT scores.</p>

<p>If they pull from the wait list then I think you’ll be one of the first to be taken.</p>

<p>Good luck.</p>