Chances of getting a scholarship

<p>I'm a straight A student, first in my class, ACT score of 30, but I don't really demonstrate financial need, and I don't feel that my essays are great (though I am working on it). What are my chances of actually receiving a scholarship?</p>

<p>You should get something for being 1st in class.</p>

<p>Ya u will probably get one or two</p>

<p>Are you a Wisconsin resident?</p>

<p>Yes, I’m a Wisconsin resident.</p>

<p>Are you talking about other than the Wisconsin Academic Excellence Scholarship?</p>

<p>Check with your HS guidance center for any local scholarships you can apply for. Also check with your local chapter of the UW alumni association. You can check on the scholarships page of the UW website to find any you may be eligible for and apply for them. Do not expect any by merely applying and being accepted to UW. There are few scholarships thru UW and most go to current students. You have to do the application work, no automatic scholarships given out by UW.</p>

<p>[HEAB</a> Financial Aid Questions](<a href=“WI Higher Educational Aids Board - FAQ”>WI Higher Educational Aids Board - FAQ)</p>

<p>You do have to apply through the HEAB.</p>

<p>Academic Excellence Scholarships
Recipients are selected by participating Wisconsin high schools. The program is administered by the Higher Educational Aids Board (HEAB). The scholarship is included in your aid package only if HEAB notifies us of your eligibility. It is your responsibility to notify HEAB of your attendance at UW–Madison. You do not receive a check for this scholarship. It should appear on your student account as a fee remission. Call the Wisconsin Higher Educational Aids Board at 608–267–2213 if you have any questions.</p>