Chances of getting admitted into my top choices

I am a Junior in high school, and I have yet to finish my last semester for junior year. I know I need to wait for my SAT score and final GPA after this year, but I was wondering what my chances would be for getting into SDSU and SDSU. I ended my last semester with a 3.8 weighted GPA (I take IB English HL and IB Spanish SL) and a 3.6 unweighted. My average GPA right now is a 3.62, but if I do the same or worse this semester ( I had 5 As 1 B and a C, this year it might be 4 As 2 Bs and a C) I will end up with a 3.5. I use a website provided by my school that compares me to other students, and my chances are slightly reach,slightly a good chance. Yet when I look online, it seems like I have a great chance. All online is different websites telling me that I’m either totally in there, or I’m totally out of reach. I was wondering, besides a better GPA and SAT score, what may help me be accepted into these colleges? Im a runner and my times aren’t far from the times the college runners get, and I wasn’t able to join an IB class so I will put that on my application. Also, will early application give me a better chance? I need all the help I can get, so any advice would help me, thank you!

SDSU admits by major and eligibility index (CSU GPA x800) + (SAT Math+CR) or (CSU GPA x200) + (ACT composite x10). For SAT, you want an Eligibility index of 4100+ to be competitive and an ACT Eligibility of 1000+.

SDSU looks only at your CSU GPA, test scores (superscore), HS course rigor and your major.

EC’s/Volunteer work are not considered in CSU’s admissions.
If you are being recruited for running then that will definitely help.

Getting above these EI thresholds however not a guarantee since they receive over 80,000 applications and admit around 21,000 applicants.

All you can do is your best and apply widely so you have many options.