Chances?

<p>Illinois resident
White Male</p>

<p>Unweighted GPA - 3.75
Weighted GPA - ~4.05
GPA has increased every year from about 3.5 to what it is now (I know grade trends are important)</p>

<p>Class Rank - My high school doesn't release their class ranks, but I'm almost positive I'm in the top 20%. Class size is about 650-700 students</p>

<p>First ACT - 28 Composite (32 English, 27 Math)</p>

<p>AP Exams I will take:
AP U.S. History
AP Government and Politics
AP Psychology</p>

<p>Extracurriculars:
Football (Freshmen year only)
Lacrosse (Captain, Varsity)
Community service of 300+ hours throughout high school career
Key Club
NHS</p>

<p>Have many options for recommendations, so I shouldn't have any problem with this</p>

<p>Major: Not 100% on any of my choices but if I had to rank, it'd be Political Science, Business/Marketing (preferably Sports Marketing), then Computer Science</p>

<p>I'm only a junior in high school but I just wanna get some feedback on how I'm doing so far. I plan to retake my ACT at least two more times (my goal is 30+). Again, I'm not really sure about my class rank but I feel that's where I most likely fit. Since I'm a junior, my GPA and class rank will most likely go up as I progress through my final two years of school.</p>

<p>Im a sophomore and having went to york I can give you a pretty good perspective.</p>

<p>I finished with just over a 4.0 and had a 30 act. Played hockey and baseball all four years, was in NHS as well. I was deferred early admission but was accepted during the normal period. If you get your act to 30 you should get in. If you get your gpa to a 4.2 you should get in. Either one should get you in. My brother is actually a junior at york right now too. Good luck, you most likely will get in.</p>

<p>Thanks for the input! Nice to see another Duke on these boards. A 4.2 GPA may be a bit of a push for me, but at least a 30 on the ACT shouldn’t be hard to reach (next ACT for me is actually this Saturday). Anyone else wanna give some feedback?</p>