Chances?

<p>Out of state: Alabama
GPA: 3.65 recalculated
ACT: 28
5+ honor classes
3-4 EC's
Part-time job (30 hours)</p>

<p>When you say recalculated, do you mean weighted or unweighted? If that’s your unweighted GPA, I’d say you’re borderline, so it depends on your LORs, essay, and background.If it’s your weighted GPA, I think it’s a bit of a reach, depending on what your UW GPA is.</p>

<p>But I think the biggest problem will be your GPA. According to collegeboard.com, only 22% of UM admits had a GPA lower than 3.74. At the same time, around 50% of the admits had an ACT score lower than 29, and you’re clearly on the upper edge of that. So it depends, really.</p>

<p>I can’t tell from this information. Overall, my evaluation is borderline.</p>

<p>My best advice to you is to spend a lot of time on your essay, make a campus visit and introduce yourself to your regional counselor (and make sure they know your name!), and apply early action. </p>

<p>Good luck! I hope you make it. :)</p>

<p>(BTW - I noticed in another post that your top choice is UCF. If this is the case, you honestly might as well not apply anywhere else, because I can all but guarantee you that you will be accepted there.)</p>

<p>i was in a similar situation as you with a slightly lower gpa, i think you’re most likely going to get wait listed like i was but you may still get in idk. my advice to you is though when you’re waitlisted call everyday and ask if there is anything else you can do. Miami has 2 sets of waitlists: the waitlist and the “i really really really want to go waitlist” i called and called and got on the second one and i was bumped off of the waitlist before the May first deadline.</p>

<p>If that is 3.65 out of 4.0 unweighted, then that is a pretty solid GPA. UMiami inflates what they’re GPA looks like by giving weighted averages, and since every high school uses a different weighted scale, it inflates their GPA averages I believe.</p>

<p>ACT could use a point or two, but otherwise I’d say a pretty good chance.</p>

<p>I believe that UM uses the highest GPA on transcripts they get, so it would be my weighted GPA. Which when I last saw in the middle of the year was a 3.65, which has definitely changed because I got all A’s this last quarter, so it could be anywhere from a 3.7 - 3.8. And they superscore the ACT, so they will see a 28. So, my question is, do you think a 3.8 with a 28 on the ACT would give me a better shot?</p>