Christian Colleges with Swim teams?

Hey Everybody, I am a HS Freshman doing some peliminary college searching. I would like to continue swimming into college, and I have already looked at a couple colleges and universities. I am looking for mainly D2 and D3 colleges and I have already looked at Anderson, Biola, Azusa, Mulane, and Messiah but I was wondering if there are any other good colleges that I am missing? Basically what I am looking for is:

• A solid christian college
  • D2 or D3 Swimming
  • Decently large amount of residential students (2,000 or more)
  • Nice facilities (Not to picky here but at least nice athletic buildings.)
  • Nice-ish Dorms.
    And I am flexible with location. Thank You!

Hmmm - come back in two years - because you’ll know a lot more then about where you might qualify, academically and athletically, and like most, your interests will likely change.

Focus on school and swimming. Good luck.

5 Likes

Agree. It is too early to focus on any specific colleges.

1 Like

Berry
Pepperdine

Seconding Messiah.

Many NAIA colleges are Christian colleges.

You do need to come back as a rising junior when you have a GPA, sufficient rigor (*), and swim times.

(* most rigorous would require you to complete 4 years of English, 4 years of Social Science including US history and World/European/African American history, biology chemistry and physics, math through precalculus or calculus, and 3-4 years in a single foreign language, art or art history or orchestra/band/choir, with many honors or AP/IB/DE/PSEO classes).

3 Likes

Thirding Messiah. My youngest daughter(D22) is a sophomore there. I have been very impressed with the school.

2 Likes

I believe Calvin University and Hope College have swim teams.

2 Likes

I don’t know much about swim teams, but I have a former student who swims at Hillsdale.

1 Like

Hope’s team is excellent. Very highly ranked in D3.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.