City of Madison is really losing it

<p>What a bunch of old fuddy-duddy cranks. Now they want to kill Hippy Christmas.Like they are going to use those old appliances. This was recycling at its best.</p>

<p>City</a> of Madison News Release</p>

<p>lol that is hilarious and ridiculous</p>

<p>Sounds GREAT! Bunch of FORWARD THINKERS, environmentally aware. If you read the rules they are concerned about proper recycling to protect the environment, unlike scrap collectors are likely to do. There are ways to have old appliances picked up for donation. Also plenty of extra trash pickups and ways to easily donate just about everything it seems. Progressive as usual.</p>

<p>Hey Barrons:</p>

<p>As a taxpayer in Madison anything the city can do to lower the cost of the clean-up, by selling off the metal for example, is fine with me. The city has been doing an excellent job and everything already appears to be have been picked-up.</p>

<p>I think the ultimate recycling is having somebody make real use of discarded items and maybe make a few bucks fixing and reselling it. Sending it to China to be melted down is not quite the same. Plus it was cool and very Madison. This uncool and very Stalin. The state owns everything. Not in my book</p>

<p>barrons- I disagree. Don’t think you thought it through. WE are the government, when a city does something it is the people of that place that are doing it- not some far away ruler. Those scrap collectors apparently weren’t concerned with what they did with the material they couldn’t use, the city has an environmentally friendly plan. Hence the rules.</p>