Claremont Mckenna culture and religious life

I would like to know about the culture of Claremont Mckenna. Competitive? Collaborative? I have heard that it is cut throat and people are focused on IB and consulting.

Also, do you know how strong is the Christian community in the Claremont colleges Thanks

Here is info on the 5C Christian Fellowship:

2 Likes

@Jazzy321 you have started a few threads inquiring about the religious life at colleges. Are you looking for a school which is religious, or what?

I am not looking for a religious school. But just like African Americans or First Gen or LGBTQ, Muslims wants to find their communities, it is fair for Christians to look for their community when deciding about college.

4 Likes

Thank you for the clarification. I wondered exactly what religious affiliations you were looking for.

The link posted above should give you the info you are looking for.

I can’t find an outcome report but why not contact the career center.

They should have a breakdown of internships and jobs.

Better to get actual info vs. “I’ve heard”.

Good luck.

Of course of course. Research and questions are crucial to you being happy and I hope you are finding a great fit!
Please do note however, that the communities you mentioned are of the minority and Christianity is the current dominant religion/culture. It may seem like the same but a Muslim (or lgbtq+, etc) is looking to make sure a campus is welcoming is doing so to avoid persecution and hate and to make sure there are people of the same culture to lean on and find things in common with.
Because Christianity is dominant, it’s a different question you are asking.

1 Like