Class of 2013!

<p>Congrats to all accepted!</p>

<p>This Hampshire forum is really slow and boring, so I thought I might energize things up. Just because it's a stoner school doesn't mean it's forum has to be as motionless as a stone. </p>

<p>I got in, but I don't think I'm going to enroll, but I did get good finaid, but still...it's a really cool school though.</p>

<p>Who else got in, and are you going to enroll?</p>

<p>when did acceptances go out? i havent received anything from them..</p>

<p>i got in and i'm enrolling! =] it's class of 2012, by the way, but same difference.</p>

<p>My apologies for the 2013 thing, some other thread had a 2013 thread so I got confused. </p>

<p>So what about Hampshire College hooked you into enrolling? I really, really love the activism and environmental initiatives the school has taken, but I want to go on to grad school and so I'm not sure if Hampshire is the right school for me (even though I am a liberal cuckoo!). :)</p>

<p>My husband and I are both alums from the '70s and our daughter is also a Hampshire grad. Don't worry about grad school - Hampshire has an excellent record, especially since Div. III work is often grad school quality. My husband and I had no trouble getting into good law schools; he went to an Ivy and is a high level corporate lawyer (but still a good liberal)! When Hampshire works for you, it provides an education like no other school.</p>

<p>I have never heard anything but good things about Hampshire students getting in to top graduate schools. A very high percentage certainly seem to go on to get higher degrees. I have also heard that graduate schools understand that the independent study, and Division III are the equivalent of graduate work.</p>

<p>Well, the self-designed major was something that was really important to me, because my interests are so diverse. The hands-on factor is also huge for me; that's how I learn best, through experience. And, as everyone else has said, I've heard great things about Hampshire alum getting into great grad schools. Someone I was talking to on Facebook graduated from Hampshire and went on to NYU and Yale.</p>

<p>If you do go to Hampshire, one thing you should know is that students and the college characterize themselves by their entry year, as opposed to graduating year. This is due in part to the fact that a lot of Hampsters take leaves, do independent studies, or go on field semesters; so they don't tend to graduate 8 semesters after they enter. Also, many students enter/transfer into Spring Semester, so they put an 'F' or 'S' in front of the year to show your entering Semester.</p>

<p>Lastly, as you probably already know, students progress through three Divisions, as opposed to being Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors, or Seniors.</p>

<p>So you will hear kids tell you, "I'm an S2007 second-year Div II"</p>

<p>If you state that you are a Freshman from the Class of 2013, you will get funny looks.</p>