Class of 2016 Nursing Admissions!!

<p>FYI - the instate tuition and fees for nursing and other health fields at U. of Pittsburgh is now up to $20k a year. They add on a $3,000 surcharge above the base tuition. Penn State also charges more for nursing.</p>

<p>That is a national trend - to charge higher tuition for majors that are in high demand, such as business and nursing.</p>

<p>Accepted to UConn’s nursing program!</p>

<p>I was just relating what the schools told me. I asked statistics vs calc and they said calc. I was suprised as I did take stats in nursing school.</p>

<p>so any decisions? We are still working here but expect soon!</p>

<p>D is still wavering between UMass Amherst and University of New Hampshire… waiting for UNH’s admitted student day and the financial aid before she makes the final decision.</p>

<p>We are also going to admitted student days. Looking forward to hearing what everyone decides.</p>

<p>Hello, I have also been accepted into UNH nursing program,nhowever I am very nervous of how hard this program is going to be and I’m psyching myself out. Congrats to your D</p>

<p>I think all nursing programs are tough, but if they selected you , they believe you can do it!</p>

<p>I think one of the difficult adjustments is when nursing students attend a college where there is much partying, and the nursing students have to be more disciplined and work harder than most of their fellow students. In some cases, it is not that the nursing program is extremely hard, it is that some non-nursing students have it too easy.</p>

<p>I just got into the northeastern nursing program! But for the NU.in program where I’d go to Greece for the first semester.</p>

<p>Sarah My D was admitted ED, she may be your classmate, very likely. congrats!</p>

<p>Ok bumping up as we FINALLY have the decision Northeastern. Hope did everyone else fare? I have been so curious.</p>

<p>do you guys mind posting your stats? i’m a male planning applying to schools like uconn, desales, temple, drexel, mcphs, umass amherst/dartmouth, u scranton, rutgers, seton hall, suny stony brook and uri! idk if this a long list but i’m really nervous that i might not get into any of them cause of my stats… do you guys think a 3.53 W/3.2UW GPA with 630 math, 570 cr, 630 writing is good enough?</p>

<p>OK…I will be a Proud Dad and say my daughter got accepted into Drexel University for the 5 year BSN Co-Op program. (So I guess technically she will be in the class of 2017) </p>

<p>Houstonr asked about Stats. 3.2 u/w GPA, 1080 SAT. (other stats: 40,000 applicants for class of 3000. 1200 nursing applicants for class of ~110 students) On the Intangible side, 10+years playing youth soccer, 10 years as a Girl Scout, 3 years volunteering with Public Health Depart on inner city vaccination clinics (with her mom), summer Lifeguard at a major water park, Blonde and from Southern California. :slight_smile: </p>

<p>Another Intangible was that we personally met with the Dean of the BSN program during our summer campus tour and talked for 45 minutes. Pretty much an Interview. </p>

<p>As stated above, if the school admits you into their highly competitive program, they are doing so because they Believe you can make it through the program. Parents/Student/School have a LOT Invested in this. We all want to see it pay off after 4/5 years.</p>

<p>Good Luck Everyone!</p>

<p>Thank you saugus! Anyone else?</p>

<p>Some students with very good stats have not gotten into the nursing programs of Penn State, U. Delaware and Pitt.</p>

<p>I am a new mom here and this post is fantastic, because knowing the competition for nursing schools, we have applied to numerous (about 15) and have already gotten three acceptances, some with specific dollar amounts and two with invitations to apply for competitions for full tuition. We have applied to many nursing programs which are listed here and because of rolling admissions, hope we do not hold out too long and lose a good spot waiting for better offers from other schools with later deadlines. We do not expect any financial aid, so merit offers are important. At this point, I am hoping we applied to the right schools with enough variety for some choices and some choice offers. My D is in top 5% of class, 31 on ACT, Honors Level for all Subjects, 4 APs, 4 Medical Internships at teaching hospitals, two of which were paid, NHS, 4 Presidential Service Awards for Community Service, Bronze, Silver and Gold Awards for Girl Scouting, Student Director of 2 school musicals and heavily involved with the Foreign Exchange Program students in our comunity. We are really hoping for a good merit offer, but you can never control the applicant pool. I am such a wreck waiting for the offers and hoping we make the best decision based not on just money offered, but quality of program and “fit” which are equally important. I feel like the weight of the world is on my shoulders trying to navigate this very competitive process. Just trying to keep calm and deal with things as they come up. I wish all of the offers would come around the same time. Today she was offered 16K per year from Gannon U which is a decent offer and good nursing program. I just hope we applied to the right schools! I am not a nurse, so I am burned out from researching everything.</p>

<p>That background should earn merit money from many schools. As another person noted, you are often not competing for merit money against the other nursing students, you typically are competing among the whole student body. That makes it easier. Of course, there are some colleges that don’t provide any merit money, but with 15 schools you should have covered your bases. </p>

<p>My daughter applied to 10, which should have been cut down to 7, but I knew that if she didn’t get into her favorite colleges, it might be too late to apply to safeties. A few colleges said they wouldn’t accept any nursing applications after November 30th.</p>

<p>I’ll probably end up having to put in a deposit for her to one of the colleges before she hears from all of them. At worst, she’ll lose $300 if she picks another college. That college says that if she doesn’t send in a deposit early in the year, she may be placed in a track that takes an extra semester to graduate. There also are many colleges that put you in a triple room if you don’t put your deposit in early.</p>

<p>Proudly accepted to University of Pittsburgh School of Nursing, with Honors College, and Full Tuition!
Accepted to University of Portland SON too.
Waiting for mid-December to hear from University of Pennsylvania and Case Western Reserve.
I cannot even believe how happy I am right now (! * infinity).
visca la barca!</p>

<p>Congrats. I didn’t even know that Pitt gave out any full tuition scholarships. My son had great credentials 2 years ago (not for nursing), and wasn’t offered any aid by Pitt.</p>

<p>As noted previously, all things being equal, it is best to go to school in the region where you eventually want to work. That provides opportunities for the employers to get to know you, and for you to test out the employers, during clinicals.</p>