Class of 2017, chance me!

UWGPA: 3.5
ACT: 26 but taking it again come September, my practice tests are showing that I will score 28-30.
From: Minnesota. We have reciprocity for surrounding states, so I will get near instate tuition if I do get accepted here!
EC:
Bowling team
special needs cheer
Yoga volunteer
Nannying
Battered woman shelter volunteer
Cheerleading

I took 3 honors classes my junior year, and am taking 2 AP classes this year. I am a strong writer, my cousin who went to Dartmouth is helping with my essay but let’s pretend there are no essays involved.

You will need to pay UMTC-equivalent in-state tuition amounts, I think but it’s a pretty nice deal!

Try to get your ACT score up to 30 if you can. UW-Madison has been accepting about 5% fewer MN residents each year for the past few years. A year ago the university was granted permission to enroll unlimited numbers of OOS students beginning this fall, but that doesn’t necessarily mean additional MN students. OOS tuition is significantly higher than reciprocity tuition and there are outstanding budget issues which may be affecting decisions. We will see the impact of this new policy on MN vs. other OOS numbers very soon once the institutional statistics update for the new school year.

Good luck to you!

Thank you! If you see anything, you should definitely post about it on college confidential or link it here! Thanks so much :slight_smile:

Will do, @elenavolfson. I check often. The statistics should be updated by sometime in September.

@elenavolfson here are the current admission stats. Admits under the MN compact stayed about the same, applications were down. I have a neighbor whose kid got into both UW-Madison and UMTC (College of Bio. Sci). Choosing the latter due to perceived financial turmoil and it’s effect on things like physical plant in the sciences departments. Not sure that’s a fair perception but it might explain why number of MN applications is down below 2007 levels. Check it out (tuition residency on third page):

https://apir.wisc.edu/admissions/New_Freshmen_Applicants.pdf