Class of 2021 National Merit Thread

I’m looking on the website and I don’t see the results. Did anyone see the PA cutoff?

@AnoopS They deleted it from their site, so it must have been in a mistake to publish it. However, I still have the scores up on my computer, so I’ll check right now.

@AnoopS They deleted it from their site, so it must have been in a mistake to publish it. However, I still have the scores up on my computer, so I’ll check right now.

@AnoopS PA’s selection score dropped drastically to a 217.

I downloaded and saved it as a .pdf. However, Art at Compass Prep has all the cutoffs on his blog, so it’s convenient for all to look there if you missed your individual state’s cutoff, fyi.

I sincerely hope what NMSC published earlier and deleted now, is true. Waiting for official news !!!

Thank you so much!

What was posted said 217 for PA.

Hello! This is my first post but I have been reading through these threads for a while now. We are a homeschool family anxiously awaiting a letter from NMSC as DD21 has a SI of 224. I will be happy to report when it arrives.

National Merit is going test blind this year (not considering SAT or ACT scores).

https://nationalmerit.imodules.com/s/1758/images/gid2/editor_documents/merit_r_i_leaflet.pdf?sessionid=d874a9f4-aea7-4855-8724-fc4789d47ad2&cc=1

@amsunshine Was just about to post this link! Great minds think alike.

Compass Prep has a post dated 8/23 showing cutoffs and saying results were to be mailed to schools on 8/25. They also linked to a PDF with updated instructions for applying which said SAT Scores will not be required due to test cancellations/COVID.

So thankful that they will not require scores! Between canceling a test when D had a concussion and all the COVID cancellations in California, we were starting to wonder whether she would have the opportunity to test, let alone re-test if necessary.

My D had a concussion too! Finally took the test yesterday- fifth registration (2 others for this date were canceled by College Board without even notifying her- we just figured it out). Ironic that she finally took the darn thing and that NOW it’s not required…

I am a high school senior who has a borderline score for the cutoff. If the cutoff is accurate, I will be a semi finalist.

I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to show me a pdf or perhaps some proof of the psat cutoff score posted on the NMS website to smooth some of my anxiety regarding the accuracy of the cutoff. Thank you so much!!

All cutoffs are posted on the Compass Prep blog.

Looks like people are receiving letters from NMSC. Someone on the Compassprep blog confirmed that their child (Home schooled) is a semifinalist from Illinois with an SI of 219.

Google “compass prep 2021 cutoff” and you’ll see the most authoritative info on the web atm. Congrats!

We homeschool and finally got our packet from NMSC today!

Yay! @julesmom19

Thanks for the update. :smile: