Class of 2022 National Merit Discussion - Scores Release

Congrats! Did you receive a letter at home it was it sent to school?

Well, both. We homeschool :wink:

The letters went to school principals. The principal can then use his own login credential to access letters for each of the students who qualified as NMSF. The student letter includes student login info and the next steps to take.

4 Likes

I’m waiting on Missouri as well. Let me know if you hear anything.

1 Like

Hmm, our principal told me: Yes, however no school is allowed to communicate until after 9/15.

1 Like

Thanks.

I’m waiting on Missouri as well. Can you share what score your child made it with in MO?

He wouldn’t tell me if he made it. He claims he can’t say anything until 9/15.

2 Likes

The letter says “Except for Semifinalist and their families, this information is confidential until Wed, Sept 15” , so he may share your son’s info with you.

If anything the letter says to share the login info with the students, so they may immediately start working on their applications. The application itself isn’t bad. If your child has done the main parts of the common app, then filling out the application shouldn’t take too long.

6 Likes

We got the letter from the principle and that’s correct, the letter said we have to keep it confidential until September 15 and right now only for the close family to know.
They have to start working on it cause the finalist due date is October 6th

1 Like

I guess since my kids didn’t get the letter, it means they didn’t make it, even though one met a reported max cutoff.

Your school could be like ours and is waiting until 9/15?

2 Likes

For commended scholars , is the cut off the same across all states or does it differ state by state? ( 207 was one of the numbers I have seen)

What were their selection indexes and what state are you in?

1 Like

The same across all states. The cutoff is indeed 207.

3 Likes

When is the deadline to complete the application - to apply to become a Finalist?

My D22 got 213 in CA. trying to figure out if she made it to commended scholar tier.

The maximum for KY is 213.
Also, for those who are interested in University of KY, the incoming freshman for Fall 2022 will no longer receive a free tuition scholarship for being a National Merit Finalist. It was formerly called the Patterson Scholarship.

How do you know that it is 213?

A close friend is a semifinalist who received a 213. So I don’t know the actual cutoff score, but a 213 has made it in KY.

2 Likes

A friend made with 214 in Nevada so I guess Nevada went dawn too, my son got 219 and got the letter in Nevada

1 Like