Class of 2022 National Merit Discussion - Scores Release

Where did you see that?

Art was actually quite clear on this.

Wonā€™t all of the students who applied for Alternate Entry with SAT scores push up the cutoffs?

No. The Commended and Semifinalist cutoffs are set based on students who took the PSAT/NMSQT in October or January. Students applying Alternate Entry will need to meet those cutoffs, but their scores do not influence the cutoffs

And since that post, Art Sawyer has stated that heā€™s received conflicting information regarding AE and how if affects cutoff scores.

Link?

Also confirmed by phone

The lady on the phone told me that they are calculating cutoffs as per usual, explicitly stating that ā€œalternate entry scores will not be factored into cutoffsā€¦ we will only be using the PSAT/NMSQT scores we receive.ā€

Take the Reddit data with a grain of salt. I assume thatā€™s the ā€œother sourceā€ for a 220 qualifying in CA. Art says itā€™s either 221 or 222 and if I had to bet, Iā€™d bet on Art.

Fwiw, 224 in PA and nothing from anyone in Oklahoma. Iā€™m not concerned

1 Like

No- my son just texted me. They called all the semifinalists to the office. He didnā€™t get a call slip.

He said it in a comment on the main link.

First time posting a picture, so hopefully it works.

1 Like

Only for Alternate Entry. Was this the case?

To be clear, the mixed information is

A student who called NMSC this year was told otherwise. I think there is a good chance that there was a misunderstanding, but this year is so odd that I donā€™t want to discount the possibility the new information is accurate.

It would be quite interesting if this long-standing policy changed. Especially with AE data not even past due yet.

Has anyone in Texas gotten confirmation of semi?

1 Like

Colorado either 216 or 217 as per :National Merit Semifinalist Cutoffs Class of 2022 - Compass Education Group (ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– )

1 Like

heard on reddit its 215

1 Like

Which state is 215?

1 Like

Missouri

2 Likes

Is 222 enough in NY

do not know but look at art sawyer on compass prep he tracks this pretty closely

What is the OU letter?

1 Like

My son (CO AE 226 - he had to do alternate entry because CB threw out our schoolā€™s October PSAT) got that letter today - it provides information about NMSF at OU. Seems like maybe they shouldnā€™t have been sent so early?

If you didnā€™t opt in to be contacted by colleges then I donā€™t know that you would get the OU letter.

Did you successfully opt out? My S22 opted out (or we thought he did) and it didnā€™t seem to takeā€¦

How reliable are your sources? For example did your friends hear from other places or did your friends get notified of their CA semifinalist status with 220?

Yes, successfully opted out

1 Like

I have mailbox envy. :grin:

3 Likes