Class of 2022 National Merit Discussion - Scores Release

Apparently OU got the list of NMSF and sent out a tri-fold brochure to everyone.

1 Like

How did OU get this list early when the National announcement isnā€™t until Sept. 15? That means NMSC leaked or sold the list?

2 Likes

But a number of people have reported that they qualified but didnā€™t get the brochure.

1 Like

I dont think we know for sure that receiving the OU brochure means that the student has a qualifying score. The brochure doesnā€™t actually say that the recipient has qualified. They may have sent it those that were close to previous yearsā€™ numbers that didnā€™t opt out of mailers.

2 Likes

same

Nothing official yet. Watching National Merit Semifinalist Cutoffs Class of 2024 as he is the closest thing to reliable other than just waiting until Sep 15. Only number Iā€™ve seen is 219. DD has 218, so would love another number. :grinning:

1 Like

@lilpotatochip69 did you get a 220 for CA?

S22 PSAT Index 221, received OU letter today. CO state.

3 Likes

Art just updated Washington, apparently there has been a confirmed 222 SF so cutoff will be <=222

idk i did alternate entry w a 1580 since i never had a chance to take the psat this year. havenā€™t been notified about results yet

Oklahoma university sent out a flyer specifically directed toward at least some national merit semi finalists. Parents are wondering how they got the info so early.

1 Like

We received OU letter on Tuesday. But DD hasnā€™t heard anything from her high school.

1 Like

Anyone here what the cutoff was for mississippi. It was only 211 for class of 2021.

I have seen posts on various forums from people who report 212 (my son), 213, 214, and 219 and NONE have heard. It would be unheard of for someone with a 219 not to make it in MS. That leads me to believe that either the schools havenā€™t received the letters yet or the principals are holding the information for now.

It could be something as simple as delays with the USPS. It is my understanding that the Memphis mail hub has had problems as of late and mail coming from Illinois to MS would probably run through that hub.

McElroy tutoring confirming 215 for Ohio, but Compass Prep is still saying <=215. I guess McElroy has a good source of a student with a 214 who did not make NMSF.

Compass prep is not a final score, I guess he is just predicting based on last qualifying score someone reported to him.

1 Like

I guess a follow up question would be how reliable has McElroy been historically with his ā€œconfirmedā€ cutoffs?

I donā€™t think anyone will guess the scores at this point as they are out already. He might have the correct info. I havenā€™t followed him before to confirm.

220 qualified NC

4 Likes

Not very. He says on his own blog he is just collecting anything he sees on message boards. Meaning, rumors along with real data. As of this morning he has changed Texas to ā€˜220 or 221ā€™ after stating on Aug 31st that 219 was ā€˜leakedā€™ as the cutoff. Weā€™re 219 so bummed since that original rumor stated as ā€˜leakedā€™ info got our hopes way upā€¦

ā€œThis SI cutoff data has been crowdsourced, collected, and compiled from across the web, including social media such as Reddit, Telegram, Discord, College Confidential, and other anonymous test-prep forums, as well as from my own private conversations with students, parents, guidance counselors, and principals.ā€

1 Like