Class of 2022 - Nepal

Anyone applying Harvard University(RD)

@blueshift I have 5k on EFC. How much have you kept on yours? One of my friend told me it is really low, and my EFC can be the reason for my rejection. Need some opinions.

Did anyone apply to Stanford? The decisions are coming out today.
And this marks the beginning of the season of acceptances, deferrals, and rejections. Best of luck to all.

@JungleGuy Yeah. Your EFC affects your acceptance to certain extent. If you are applying to top notch colleges, it doesn’t matter. But if you are applying to “decent” colleges, your EFC can hurt you. ( I don’t know about others, but I have less EFC than you, so my chances are even thinner :frowning: ) Good Luck!!!

Stanford, Williams and Pomona ED decisions are out guys. Anyone got in? This thread seems inactive.

I know a few people who applied to these colleges and none of them got in.

Cornell University: RBS(1)
Vassar College: RBS(1)

well, that’s a great start for RBS. Congratulations to the people who got in.

Harvard is out.

@Lordishere If my efc is around 15-18k would it make me more competitive or is that too small of an amount to make any difference?

@datcollegehello Ofc it would make a difference. 18k can cover your room and board for most colleges. That means you only need full tuition now. If someone similar to you applies to same college, they would obviously take you. Why would they throw away 18k? With my EFC<5k, you already have a competitive advantage over me.

@Lordishere I know this is weird to ask but how much do you think is the average EFC of Nepalese students?

So we’re talking about money, huh! my EFC would be somewhere around 0. LOL So sad.

How many of us took the SAT this December? I am really nervous.

@datcollegehello I don’t know mate. It varies a lot IMO. I have heard people who can afford 40k per year, and some are down to 0.

I don’t think you need to worry about EFC. 18k is pretty big sum. Those 40k folks are pretty rare. @datcollegehello

Thanks.

EFCs are one of those things that you barely have any control over. So it would be in your best interest to erase it from your list of concerns. Nonetheless, I can vouch that your EFC, at least among Nepali candidates, is about two standard deviations from the mean and in a good way. It should only help your chances, especially with people like me offering much less.

EA/ED:

Cornell University: RBS(1)
Princeton University: RBS/ UWC (1)
Vassar College: RBS(1)

RBS seems to be rolling!
Mind our accepted folks from RBS share their stats?