Class of 2024 Regular Decision Thread

All I am going to say is that I am kinda pissed at the UMich Admissons Team…like I submit my application in Mid-August and then they defer me and then they put all of us on the last wave…like seriously just give a yes/no a lot sooner…it would’ve saved lots of stress!

is ross out at 5pm est?

As of right now, it seems that if you had a blank page you did not get in. But there’s really no 100% way to tell if that is true or not until decisions come out!

I woke up kinda late and checked around 11:30 CST and didn’t have anything. Were the screens removed by that time?

I think it was patched before u checked. GL brother.

@FlyTheW exactly right. Also for those of you commenting “all this for nothing…” and “I’m worthless if I don’t get in”, etc. that’s just not true. Of course if this is your dream school or a top option it’s okay to be disappointed and sad, but don’t let this admissions process define you. And I’m in the same boat… EA deferred hoping to get in. I’m pretty sure anyone on this thread waiting for a decision today are fantastic people who will go on to be extremely successful in whatever you pursue. Don’t let this absurd process and the games colleges put us through define who you are.

if you go to the portal not through that link but through the website, what are the screens like? bc I was deferred and remember the day my decision came out all day long the whole portal was gone and it said something like decision pending I dont remember it exactly but the whole portal was gone and it was just a single screen with some words saying to wait because decisions were coming out, I dont see that today, does that mean they’re not coming out today? what do your portals look like?

We’re assuming they come out today but they haven’t technically said it will yet. They posted a release date on the Ross admissions blog which is why we think today, but we’ll find out for sure in a couple of hours.

Acceptance rates from IvY’s are all higher this year due to current environment, per an interview I just saw on CNBC. They said they believe it will be harder because students can’t visit or re-visit their options.

I’ve followed this thread since page 1 but I made an account like 2 seconds ago to say this:
I have the final transcript and admitreply buttons in my source code. But I asked my parents about it (they teach programming at the college level) and they said buttons like those in HTML are essentially meaningless because they CAN be triggered -to show up- by an event (say, your admissions officer putting in your final decision). But I take that to mean that it the opposite is true too… that the “button” is there in the code but it may never end up showing up.
Also, what are the chances that almost all of us have it? In my OWN (non-professional) opinion, I think the enrollment deposit might be more meaningful. (Too bad I woke up too late and couldn’t check if I had one lol…)
I WANT the code to mean something. I worked hard for that 1470 but it’s been almost 5 months. I wish I could un-ask my parents and still be optimistic.

That message was published in early January, before the Coronavirus. Hopefully, decisions will be released today, notwithstanding the Coronavirus.

The first two RD releases were timed along with Ross decisions. So, cross your fingers that Michigan comes thru today.

Is it only ross decisions today or will LSA be released too?

Same man I grinded for my 35 and have gotten rejected by 20 universities and gotten into 1. Really hoping for Michigan but I doubt it’ll happen.

I’m ready to just commit to Wesleyan at this point because i’m so tired of waiting for this decision. I applied 5 months ago and still haven’t heard i’ve moved on

What school did you get accepted

I think my D20 is inclined to commit to Barnard but after all this waiting, she still would like an answer. It’s a shame because she felt much differently about UMichigan in December and January.

what was your SAT score?

My D received a really nice Merit award and invitation to honors at UMiami if not Michigan she said she might as well be where the sun shines to cheer her up! But still hanging on and she would commit to Michigan no question.

Are any EA acceptances going to be coming today, anyone who checked do you guys know?

If you are pointing this question from me, I was talking about your CC data. Please know I mean this respectfully. My original question was merely asking if it was from the common data set ( i couldn’t remember the term, and used “michigan numbers”) or your numbers, meaning your data from CC the past years.

Thanks for your clarification. It was a simple question and not pointed to anything in particular.