Class of 2025 Admissions Decisions

When I saw your note I didn’t know what you meant by “the small welcome box” sent by UTK. But then it arrived in the mail. Agreed, another very cool, unique touch by the Admissions folks!

2 Likes

Question for admitted student families!

I have been watching admitted students opening their welcome goody boxes on Instagram for weeks…my son only has gotten a musical card… Is the box sent out when you accept a spot? He just accepted his spot yesterday. Thanks!

1 Like

My daughter hasn’t accepted and got her box last week. It was about 6 weeks after her acceptance.

1 Like

Darn you post office!

2 Likes

Who’s waiting for a regular decision? Anyone?

1 Like

Are you all talking about the box with a writing pad, a sticker and vol shop discount card? or it is something else?

1 Like

That’s the one!

[Congrats to your DS @stellabluesdog ! Must be great to have this process done!]

Also arrived in the mail just today – a postcard thanking my S21 for visiting the UTK campus on our official tour last week. Signed by “The Ambassadors.” Another really nice little touch. No matter where he ultimately enrolls, I will always be impressed with how engaged and classy the little correspondences and gestures have been by the UTK Admissions folks. They don’t have to do these kinds of things, but they do them.

1 Like

FYI folks, there may be some more general university and specific college scholarship activity brewing – S21 also got an email letter last night notifying him of a $2K per year ($8K total) award from the Tickle College of Engineering. Definitely grateful for any and all merit $!

5 Likes

Haslam Scholars Program interviews were last week and this week. Keep my kiddo in your thoughts! He’s nervous but I believe prepared!

3 Likes

That is wonderful. Congratulations to your daughter.

Wish him all the best. Preparation is the key. He will do well. Waiting for the good news from your side.

Was that email for additional scholarship $ in your UTK email or the email you applied with?

Thanks! It is actually my S21 but I will in fact have a D24 going through the same process in three years. :slight_smile:

It was in his regular email account, the one he applied with.

1 Like

Anyone still waiting on an admission decision? Computer Science, OOS

1 Like

My son was deferred to RD and is waiting - Supply Chain Mgmt. I did touch base with Admissions and they only said mid-February. Also OOS.

1 Like

My D21 is still waiting for nursing decision. She has been accepted to her second choice major with a sweet scholarship (but she won’t study anything but nursing). She asked her admissions counselor about a timeline and he said all nursing school decisions will be made by the end of February, but he personally thought it would be by the end of January. We haven’t heard yet, so I guess he wasn’t quite right.

3 Likes

Frustrating, right? These schools are taking so long. The anxiety and stress is taking its toll on an already difficult year. Hang in there, and best of luck to your girl!!

2 Likes

My GF’s son got an email on Thursday at 2 a.m. congratulating him “again” on his admission but letting him know he had been waitlisted for his major. He applied RD. Portal looks exactly the same – no congratulatory message. She only discovered the email last night so she’ll call and see what’s going on Monday. It’s not his first choice but we both thought that so strange!

2 Likes