Class of 2025 Admissions Decisions

Just checked my portal and I was accepted. Yeah! Good luck to all!

6 Likes

My son was accepted to the Engineering School!! SO excited!!!

2 Likes

Has anyone else received an email stating they have been put on a waitlist for nursing? Or if they were just denied to nursing and accepted to second choice instead?

No waitlist. Just an updated letter saying she was admitted but not to nursing. I am a little surprised because she got a pretty sizeable Beacon award. The strength of the nursing candidate pool must have been super strong

1 Like

A little odd that UTK did it with no update or other notification. Their communication has been the best by far. My D did not get into nursing but was still admitted with a pretty big Beacon award. I am honestly a bit surprised she didn’t get nursing but I think that speaks to how deep the talent pool is for the major. Big congratulations go out to those that got in.

Daughter was also declined for nursing major, but accepted for second major. Offered Beacon as well. She doesn’t know what she’s going to do. She really liked the school. Grateful she has until May 1 to make a decision.

He didn’t receive any merit info with his acceptance letter. Does that come later? :slight_smile:

First off, congrats to your S21! My own S21 is also accepted in engineering though he did the early action UTK application. In those letters, merit $ was mentioned along with the acceptance. But, “final” $ notifications are to come in early March according to more recent correspondence we have received. For those students who went through regular decision, I wonder if any notification of merit $ is coming in that same early March period?

Did anybody get into nursing today? My daughter was just denied and this was the school she wanted to go to, she has no idea what she’s gonna do. I haven’t heard of anyone who has actually been accepted today.

My D received her merit money along with her acceptance.

2 Likes

Was it in the main acceptance letter? Or sent separately?

It was in the main acceptance letter. She received the volunteer scholarship.

2 Likes

My D didn’t get in to nursing either, was given her second choice. She applied to 13 schools and was accepted direct admit to all except TN which was surprising to us. She also received a sizeable merit award at TN. Oh well! Moving on… :slight_smile:

Just curious, did she submit a test score? My D also was accepted to all of her schools and waitlisted at TN.

She did. 28 ACT / 4.2 GPA.

Was she put on the wait list for nursing or admitted under her second major? My D has a 31 ACT and a 4.3 gpa. She was admitted under her second major and was under review for nursing. She received an update last week that she is now on a waitlist.

Nope, no waitlist here - she was admitted into her 2nd choice major. Waitlist sounds like it could be promising, but how much more waiting?! Did they give you an ETA? My D has some nice options so I don’t think she’d be willing to wait any longer at this point. She is between Purdue and Cinci right now, waiting to see how the financials shake out. :slight_smile:

Yeah my D had a 29 ACT and a 4.4 GPA with a very strong essay, but she was not put on the waitlist, just denied and admitted to her second choice major. I wonder if it was even more competitive this year because of COVID or something like that. Last year the average admitted student had a 28 ACT and a 4.2 so I wonder… but my D is looking at Purdue too, it’s a great school for sure.

1 Like

It just mentions “spring”. We have no idea how many people are placed on it either so we don’t want to get our hopes up. Congrats to your daughter on her other schools! My D was also admitted to nursing at PURDUE, we have been trying to convince her to take a tour. We shall see…

1 Like

We fell in love with Purdue after our tour! It helps that it’s only 3 hours from home vs. UTK’s 7 - but of course, Purdue is the only school who didn’t offer a dime in merit and we are OOS so it is a tough pill for this mom to swallow. It sounds like this was a crazy competitive year for UTK! I hope your D gets off the waitlist! :slight_smile:

@chevylatte7 Your D has great stats. I will be super curious to hear the average stats for the incoming nursing class at UTK!

1 Like