Class of 2025 Nepal

I agree man. We tend to overlook what we as international students are asking the colleges to do for us. We literally do not belong to that nation and expect them to fund our four years of college. We should be grateful that they do so in most cases in order to maintain diversity. I think we shouldn’t look down upon any college just because some of us maintain a college list with top colleges in the US and that too while struggling to get into them.
Not everyone aiming to study at the States is a straight A student or can afford to pay a hefty chunk. Since we are “Class of 2025 Nepal” and this thread will probably be visited by prospective students from the class of 2026/27/28, I do not think we should exclude such opportunities that might be resourceful to future prospectives like ourselves gathering insights through college confidential threads like this.

6 Likes

Exactly.

Any applicants here who were waitlisted by Denison for both Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 (if applied)?

Sorry, not every single person was born in an extremely rich family like you. Your whole profile is filled with colleges like Virginia Tech and TAMU which are colleges that are known to accept students only when they can pay 20-40k yearly. The average PCI in Nepal is about 1k per annum, you are buying your way into college by spending 20+ times what an average Nepali earns and you have the audacity to hop on this thread and try to act better than everyone else? Also, it’s much easier to skip through one college in a list than to ramble about how people who get full scholarships are not worth your time.

4 Likes

OMG sorry to anyone who felt bad about that. I didn’t mean to be so rude. I mean Yes. after all its Co25 “Nepal” so why not acknowledge every single acceptance and scholarship. Agn, sorry if anyone felt really badly about what I wrote, esp to the Southern Illinois University in Edwardsville person hehe :slight_smile: . CONGO!

I can sense the sarcasm here.
Bro/sis, timile chahi kata full ride payeu ta? Full ride ko ta k kura, college kata payeu? Eso sunam na hami pani.
Jaba ghar pariwar ma rog kasta huncha ani paisa pugdaina ni upachar ko lai, bc you spent 20k + per year, tespachi yo full ride yaad gara hai
Im sorry if i misread yr intention.

3 Likes

You totally misread my intention.
LOL I’m ACTUALLY guilty for what I wrote. Once again sorry to anyone who felt bad. SERIOUSLY*

1 Like

No worries then.
Sorry on my part as well

I was accepted to fall.

1 Like

Gatsby bro, timro EFC chai kati thiyo?
Denison le ramro aid dinxa bhane arko pali teta ni apply hannu parla.

sorry I don’t speak your language, im from Taiwan. My efc is 30k.

1 Like

Gōngxǐ nǐ. Wǒ yě bù huì shuō nín de yǔyán, dàn Google kěyǐ :wink:

Denison ma max aid maile aile samma suneko yo year ta 52k ish tira matra ho yaar. I also know few people who had applied there with a really good profile but got rejected maybe coz they asked hefty finaid. So, I believe that Dension has an assumed minimum EFC of ~18k although they promote themselves as a college that meets 100% demonstrated financial need.

There’s no minimum EFC reqquirement. Denison does offer full-ride or near full-ride, but not a lot of spots are available. You have to be at least in the top one or two percent of the whole applicant pool to be competitive for those awards. Their admission counselor discussed this topic in one of their info session.

1 Like

Fair enough.

Hey, I am a nepali but i have been in India for most of my life due to my dad’s occupation. I am currently studying in Bangalore where I did 9-12th. So for now I got the following decisions:
Cornell (ED) Rejected, Gatech(EA) Rejected, Umass (EA) Waitlisted(this was unexpected af cuz of my ECs and SAT score), Rutgers (EA) Accepted, NCSU (EA) Accepted, Purdue (RD) Accepted (data science major cuz cs got filled EA did a mistake by not applying EA), U of Minn RD pending and Columbia RD pending.
I prolly will get in U of Minn but Columbia, even though I got an interview, ik I won’t get in.
My EFC is 35k and I can stretch it up to 50-55k with loans but I would rather prefer getting a full ride at a top uni. So my plan is to take a defer year at Purdue and apply to all other ivies and t10s
Ik its hard but I think I might have a good shot at public unis like UIUC and Gatech which are t5 for cs with my improved stats.
Finally my Stats
so I had a fairly decent academics i got 80%+ in 9th and 90%+ in 10th CBSE boards but 11th i kinda messed up cuz of some reasons and ended up getting between 60-70% which I think is bad even though there is heavy grade deflation in 11th and I think the colleges know abt it but should have gotten at least 80+. 12th I got predictive of 90% I think I can get 95% in the final board exam.
SAT I had a 1490 (780M 710 English)
Imma retake it cuz I only had 2 attempts out of which my first attempt was bad and I hadn’t prepped for it. I was getting 1550+ during practice tests but kinda messed up in the real exam. So for the Gap year imma retake it and aim for a 1550+.
ECs Imma be kinda vague.
SO I got 1 internship (unpaid) with a Bulgarian tech startup company.
1 cs project with a current senior soft eng at google and alum of Gatech
national-level football player and got selected for a training camp at Germany 100% scholarship for 3 months
Did a lot of volunteering at old age homes and govt schools throughout my high school.
Made a website and 3 podcasts on mental health with my friends and a mentor from WFUNA(World Federation of United Nations Associations)

Hi all! I am a current Denison University senior with a Concentration in Narrative Journalism.

I am currently writing a long-form article for my Narrative Journalism Senior Project about the effects of COVID-19 on the international students’ college admissions process. I am hoping to speak with some international students about their application process this past year.

I realize that this is a strange ask on this forum, but if you are a newly admitted international student and interested in being a resource for my project, please reply to this post or PM me, and I can provide my Denison email address for contact.

Thank you, and hoping to hear from some of you!

Hey you can DM me.

You can dm me, I have recently been admitted to an US college

Has any of you got an interview request from Dartmouth?