Class of 2025 Nepal

nyuad or pulchowk?

Am I the only one with 0 acceptance yet?:neutral_face:

Of course nyuad.
To be honest mediocre Indian engineering colleges are better than Pulchowk.(heard from my cousins)
Go for NYUAD and get the best college experience

two waitlists and one acceptance from a safe college lol. Apart from it, every single college has rejected me, lmao, making me feel like a clown.

I’ve also got an acceptance but it doesn’t matter cuz the tuition fees is ridiculously high. So yea, a clown basically.

tough times

Do nepali students get accepted at NYU at NYC or only at NYUAD? Does keeping NYC first affect or not to the application?

If you kept NYU NYC as your first choice among the three, its unlikely you will get in NYUAD since they only seem to admit students who keep NYUAD as their top choice. Also, NYU NYC doesn’t provide much financial aid to international students so most Nepalis don’t tend to apply or attend NYU NYC (unless of course you are paying close to the full cost).

8/21 college decision
4 rejection ( MIT, Duke, Colorado, Brandeis)
4 waitlisted (F&M, Hamilton, kalamazoo, Richmond)
$1k ($800 in css) hurts your Application a Lot!

i got you fam

Why this year is so unprecedented

I guess its the psychology that “No one will apply this year coz COVID and Trump and Elections”, but the exact opposite happened. Everyone ended up having the same thought and the number of people applying just doubled or tripled.

Like, one thing bad with everyone applying is that if one person gets accepted to 10 colleges and (obviously) he ends up attending one of them, that person’s other 9 spots go wasted k. I mean surely that’s where waitlisted students fill the gaps but someone equally worthy or even equally in need might have gotten that opportunity of being accepted rather than having a rejection even though the accepted students wouldn’t be accepting their offer of admission. This year its all chaotic. People are getting into their safeties either very easily or just getting rejected from them. The weirdest year.

I guess many people will be taking a second gap year.

It is because a record number of applicants chose not to attend colleges last year because of the pandemic. Many parents around the world didn’t permit their children to go while applicants rejected offers because of how the States handled the situation with immigrants. Also, since most of the colleges are test-optional this year, many many applicants who would have otherwise not opted to apply have taken the risk of applying. SAT was indeed quite a barrier for many. Then, you also have applicants who didn’t get in last year because many US colleges were reluctant to enroll international students. Add all of these applicants with current high school seniors, and you get a figure truly remarkable and unprecedented- never seen before (a bit of tautology always helps).

2 Likes

I don’t see how Class of 2026 will be any different.
My prediction: Again record no. of students will apply to the US.

After so many people being rejected / waitlisted this year so ruthlessly despite their credentials, yup!

Take care of your mental health ppl. These are trying times and the future may look very uncertain rn. But i just wanted to remind you that opportunities are everywhere, and wherever we’ll end up–probably taking a second gap year as well–it will be for the best of our interest.
One of the most successful people I know who studied in the US went to a no-name business school. However the things he learned there made him a successful and renowned entrepreneur he is today. Don’t let your college rejections determine your worth!

A little bit of gradient can easily overcome a greater y intercept!

9 Likes

Thank you. Much needed. :sparkles:

1 Like

Just to add to that,

You’re not alone. If you think you’re the only one with 0 acceptances or acceptances with high COA, just to let you know, there are tons of others just like you.

“This year” definitely was tough relative to previous years─our rejection letters say that, lol.
Try to make your application stronger, whether it be through higher scores, better ECs, or more beautiful essays. Don’t even think that Class of 2026 would be easier.

And yea, we’ll be in touch in the next forum as well haha, if things don’t work out at the end.

7 Likes

Any Business/Finance major student here? Are you planning to work temporarily in the US?
Could u possibly tell how long can people work in the US with (after pursuing) those majors , cuz I’ve seen a lot of STEM field students work in the US but not a lot Business/Finance majors.