Class of 2027 Undergrad/Class of 2025 Grad: The Tours, the Auditions, the Journey

D just received an audition invite from Oberlin Conservatory- VP soprano.

8 Likes

Didn’t get through Blair pre-screening. Bummed, as this was one of the best sample lessons and the prof seemed to want my son in the studio.

CIM is sending out notifications re: pre-screens. Son invited to audition (cello).

6 Likes

We heard from Berklee today. Accepted and we are done. This was his first choice.

Thinking of all the work he put in on those prescreens to other schools!

Wishing everyone the best as decisions roll in.

13 Likes

Heard back from Blair: looks like I’ll be eating Nashville hot chicken in a few weeks!

10 Likes

For those hearing from Blair today: which instruments? Still nothing for VP

1 Like

S23 is a HS Senior / Tuba Performance he has applied to:
Frost
Oberlin
Jacobs (No Prescreen)
Butler (No Prescreen)- Auditioning January 21st
Shepherd
UNT - Accepted as PreMusic - waiting on final acceptance for performance.
Colburn- they extended the Tuba prescreen dates to January 3rd, he needs piano for his solo and is recording next week.
Waiting to hear back on prescreen results. He has both an F and C tuba, so that will be 2 extra tickets - ack.
Good Luck to everyone! I was on 4 years ago when my older son was applying. He is now graduating from Texas A&M (not music) in the spring. I thought his process was stressful. I had no idea–lol

I play flute and heard back today

4 Likes

Music is soooo much more stressful! I too had no idea!:joy:

5 Likes

Yup – happens to all of us!

3 Likes

Just heard from CIM, D passed prescreen for Viola, so excited!!!

7 Likes

D23 passed prescreens at Vandy, Rice, USC, NYU, BU so far, still waiting on a couple of schools.

Deferred at Yale yesterday. More wait, yay!

Good luck, everyone! Fingers crossed for all of your students!

6 Likes

Just heard from Rice, son/cellist passed prescreen.

7 Likes

Congratulations!!! We just heard from Rice also - Son/Tuba passed prescreen. One down, 7 to go. lol

6 Likes

I was on this thread 4 years ago when D was applying UG. Suddenly those 4 years have slipped by, and now it’s time for grad school. I’ve been grateful for all your comments about your experience with the grad school process.

You mentioned that the decision time is earlier for grad school than UG. Can you elaborate? Also, what about the money side? I am so confused. I assume that we parents are finally out of the FAFSA/CSS loop. Does my daughter now have to file her own? How does that work when she is still our dependent? Hope you or another grad school parent can shed some light.

Yay! Let me know if you have any questions or I can put her in touch with my son if/when you go to audition. He’d be happy to tour you around.

Congrats!!

1 Like

Daughter heard from Rice today - she passed their prescreen. Woot!

9 Likes

cello

1 Like

@RussianMom since you heard from Yale I’m curious - what instrument - grad or undergrad?

We are waiting to hear from them for VP grad.

2 Likes

D23 plays flute. She did not check the BA/MM checkbox, so just applied to Yale SCEA for an undergraduate program. If accepted, she will be considering auditioning for Yale’s BA/MM in her third year.

2 Likes