Class of 2027 - University of Tennessee - RESULTS ONLY

This thread is for the high school class of 2023 to discuss their University of Tennessee admissions decisions.

To make it easy for people to see the information, please NO DISCUSSION on this thread. RESULTS ONLY.

Date Applied:
Early/Regular:
Desired Major/School:

GPA:
SAT/ACT:
APs/Honors:
Extras/Hooks:
State residency:

Date Notified:
Decision:
Any merit aid:
Any need aid:

1 Like

Are decisions out?

1 Like

Have you heard when they release results? We are eagerly awaiting!

1 Like

Applied Early Action
Nuclear Engineering
Weighted GPA 4.4
SAT 1550
11 AP courses
10 Honors courses
OOS-Virginia

1 Like

are decisions out?

not yet

Did you hear back?

I saw on another post that decisions will be released on Monday or Tuesday evening next week. December 19-20

1 Like

Tuesday at 7:00 p.m. according to UTK Twitter account.

3 Likes

I am assuming RD will be slowly going out next week … is this correct?

Hopefully not slowly, the suspense is agonizing enough.

Lol you can say that again if we could do it all over again I would push for all EA versus RD. These are RD decisions are all over the place some in February some in March some at the end of March I think I heard somebody say April also. Ugh :persevere:

Yes…accepted to Tickle College of Engineering (Nuclear Engineering). Accepted to the Chancellors Honors program and scored a $72K scholarship ($18K/year for 4 years). Pretty happy kid. Waiting to hear about the Cook Engineering Challenge Honors Program and admittance the Engage LLC community (engineers).

1 Like

Applied mid-Oct. t
College of Communications/Journalism
unweighted GPA 3.8
ACT 26
4 AP courses
OOS
Acceptance Dec 20th with $6K merit

(Loved everything during the campus tour except the deteriorating Communications building, and lack of Broadcasting, concentrate too much on newspaper which is an ancient medium. Not even a mention of Peyton Manning graduating from UTK, it was obvious, they have no interest or focus on sports media)

2 Likes

Applied regular decision
OOS
4.44 UTK GPA
1360 SAT
Average extra
4AP
2DE

Accepted to college of business

15k merit scholarship In acceptance letter.

Denied Summer, but offered Vol Collaboarative offer and transfer in 2024
OOS
27 ACT, 3.3 GPA
300 plus hours
Cross Country Varsity
7 AP
Applied early action and then deferred and heard back Regular
ROTC
Band
Bus Owner

1 Like

Date Applied: 10/15
Early/Regular: Early
Desired Major/School: Architecture (submitted portfolio)

GPA: 4.4 (UTK SRAR Calculation)
SAT/ACT: 1240 (Submitted, later revised to 1330)
APs/Honors: 5AP, 1DE, Lots of H
Extras/Hooks: Eagle Scout, Band (State 1st chair)
State residency: MA

Date Notified: 12/20
Decision: Accepted
Any merit aid: OOS Program Merit based on GPA/SAT - $10K/year
Any need aid: No

Congrats! I hear the Business-Supply Chain Management major is ranked #1 in the country.

2 Likes

That is interesting! When you go to their website and look for famous alumni, Manning is right there on top. There’s also a Peyton Manning drive on campus. It’s a totally sports focused campus/community. Wonder why the journalism dept isn’t on board…things that make ya go hhhmmm…

Congrats! Long way from home. You’ll have to swap clam chowder and lobster rolls for BBQ! We checked out the airport. It’s literally about a 12 minute cab ride from campus and has lots of non-stop flights to cities on the east coast. Good luck!

1 Like