College admission enquiring for my son

My son has 3 publications in top peer reviewed Health Informatics-IoT conferences/journals. Another 2 under review. He has several Math accolades like SMT, BMT, AIME, NYSML etc. He received US Airforce and US Navy award for his research. His weighted GPA is 4.87. How does his application to MIT?

Do you have test scores? Classes and grades from high school? Those would help us. MIT is extremely competitive, so even amazing candidates don’t get in.

Sounds like a competitive candidate. But unfortunately, there are thousands of other applicants with similar high accomplishments. Hard to provide an accurate answer.
Hopefully he creates a well balanced list of schools.

2 Likes

Temporarily closing

Wha is his test score. What is his unweighted GPA - and the weighting system used to get 4.87.

I mean, it’s MIT - so - it’s a tough chance no matter what.

One of the great things about MIT is how much info they share about who they are and what they are looking for. This was written a number of years ago, by Chris Peterson, who is still involved with admissions:

On another thread I saw that you were asking how many papers another applicant had published. In case you are thinking that ‘more X wins’, for MIT (aside from Gold at the IPhO / IMO / etc) it doesn’t. They really do choose kids who they think are a good fit for the school, and they turn down lots of exceptionally smart and accomplished students every year.