College Emails

Hello,

I have a question. Do colleges focus on emails sent to them? I mean they respond on them and then let them go.
I sent a college an email that i won’t be able to send English proficiency test scores because i had COVID, and they said that they will waive it. However, after that, i tried to get my Duolingo test at the quarantine. I got the minimum required score. But i know that this is not the real score. My proficiency is better than that but i was tired. I sent them an email telling them that i got the Duolingo test, and i got their required minimum score, but they didn’t respond.
Now, i am afraid to send the score because it is the minimum required score, but also i am afraid that they saw my email that says i got Duolingo test. They might say that i am a lier of something, and i am afraid of that because it is not true.
Do colleges take the English proficiency test scores into consideration? Or as long as i meet the requirement, it is fine even if i got the minimum required score?

I don’t know what to do.

Unless the college tracks demonstrated interest, emails are likely deleted once they have responded.

In terms of English proficiency exams, meeting the minimum set by the college is all that is required. No advantage is conferred by exceeding the minimum.

1 Like

They didn’t respond to the email

They responded to the first email. The second email may still be in their inbox. Regardless, sending an email will not negatively impact an application, assuming you don’t send dozens.

1 Like