Colleges your child crossed off the list after visiting, schools that moved up on the list. Why?

I know this is an older post, but I’m going through this long thread from the beginning.

Bryn Mawr - My D21 attends now and fell in love with it during the pandemic virtual tours. Also attended an online class before they committed. D21, now a sophmore, would completely disagree with this post. They would say BMC feels like a separate institution and most definitely like a women’s college. They love all the BMC traditions and the beautiful campus and very dark academic vibe. The women (they call them Mawrters) there are very diverse and interesting and smart, but they also know how to enjoy themselves. They only took one class at Haverford so far and felt they loved their campus even more and ultimately decided not to major in linguistics because it was a tri-co major. They aren’t a fan of the “Haver-bros” and find Haverford to be a completely separate college, despite the bi-co. That said, they did attend some parties at Haverford and found no interest in them, so mainly sticks to their campus (watching movies, knitting, playing D&D - - very nerdy stuff). There are some sporty women as well, but they seem to stick to themselves. So, if that’s the vibe you’re kid is looking for, I’d definitely not write it off due to the bi-co with Haverford.

7 Likes