Columbia Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Can someone share a photo of the documents and message tab? I don’t see one on my portal and I honestly haven’t been looking at my Columbia portal so I wouldn’t know if it was there before

Hey quick question:

I received an email from the College Board a couple days ago saying Columbia was requesting another financial aid document from me. We sent it in but I was wondering if this may be a good sign or is it just standard procedure? I figured they wouldn’t email me if they weren’t trying to make me a package but idk. Plus it wasn’t from Columbia, but rather college board about Columbia. Thoughts?

my tab is gone but i know my application went straight to the reject pile so either it means nothing or its bad lol. im guessing its nothing

2 Likes

my friend pmed @skieurope on reddit and they said it means nothing so imma take their word for it

2 Likes

I think they are referring to the financial aid section/portal. Didn’t apply for one, so I’m not a credible source of info, but I have never seen such a tab on my Columbia application portal although I have been frequently visiting it.

Or am I completely wrong?

Honestly your guess is as good as mine :sweat_smile::joy:

LMAO I must admit that mine was an approximate reiteration of yours XD Well why don’t we wait for the more experienced ones to come help us out?

1 Like

Fin aid is a different system.

yeah so a few of my friends had the documents and messages option earlier today and now its gone. im guessing its just a natural thing to happen as decisions get closer

1 Like

Yup they’re probably just making sure everyone got all their docs in and closing the tab after

Those who received a likely letter, does the “documents & messages” tab still show up in your financial aid portal menu? Please someone confirm.

1 Like

Yes

Wait really? So you can still see your financial aid checklist? If yes, what is the most recent date that shows up for you?

Everything shows received from when I sent it in back in October except for the outside scholarship form that was sent in Feb.

I feel like I got rejected then…my fin aid checklist is gone (even though they edited my fafsa around a month ago so I thought I had a chance) :frowning:

1 Like

Wait how do you access that page? If I go to my Columbia Financial Aid account, I can only see a “Main Menu”. Even when I initially opened the account (when I submitted my app), I didn’t have another page. What does this mean?

You did not apply for financial aid?

Wait, I cant open my online financial aid portal

wdym?

No I did apply for FA (CSS and FAFSA). Also, for CSS, did anyone get a request from Columbia on IDOC for external scholarships?