Columbia GS Spring 23 Early Decision

Could not find a thread for spring 23. Who all is applying?

Hey I am! What are your stats

Sure, I joined the Army out of high school. Decided not to re-enlist after my first term. I was involved in a major accident involving a semi-truck that left me in recovery for over a year. I had started my own business which was labor intensive. So, following the advice of my doctors, I decided to shut down my business and go back to school. I went to a CC and my GPA is 3.94 with 54 hours completed as of applying. I’m in Phi Theta Kappa and NTHS. For extracurricular activities, I had some outside-of-the-classroom computer challenges and some lab setup volunteer work. I am also a father so that did take up some of the time for other extracurricular activities. I received a letter from Columbia GS and applied.

What are your stats?

The priority EA deadline is approaching!

Sure.

I took 2 years out in a foreign military service. I did not sit the American curriculum as I am international. My high school GPA was about 3.6 if I converted it. Moved to England and got a 4.0 GPA and now hope to transfer to GS to take the Core as my course is too restrictive to my academic interests. Did an intern at a startup and some volunteering in hospitals and ecological conservation.

Hope we both stand a chance!

The deadline is on 1st Sep yes?

Yes Sep. 1st if applying for priority EA. I hope we stand a chance too. I submitted mine in early august and still have to wait another month to find out.

Did anyone else apply or going to apply for spring 23? The past threds have beem a little more active.

I applied last week, but slightly confused as it states the status will change automatically to “under review” if everything is submitted (which I did) also never got a follow up email with a ID number per their submission email lol. Not sure if anyone had similar experiences with their portal.

I submitted mine on the fourth and received the CUID number email a few days later. I did call the admissions office because I still had a red X on my high school transcript even though I have completed more than 30 hours of college. They informed me this was normal and that it stays there in case you are admitted because at that point they will need the official transcript just to prove you graduated. They said that I had everything in and was good to go. I still do not have a ready-for-review but from what I have seen in the past threads the ready-for-review email does not send tell a little bit after the Sep 1st priority deadline but I am not 100 percent sure about that. I would just call and ask.

Got it. On my end everything was submitted the 28th of August, I noticed the red x too but was overly anxious so submitted it! I never got an email yet, but everything seems promising otherwise if you got the go. I’ll reach out most likely in a couple weeks if no results are heard still.

Thanks!

We should hear back by Oct 1st is that right?

That’s what I understand and that seems to be what has happened in the previous years.

Perfect

1 Like

Had my interview yesterday and got an email today that my application is ready for review. Fingers crossed!

I also received an email that my application is ready for review yesterday. When did you turn in your app and did they say anything about decision time?

I finally got the email too! But no interview request.

Amazing. I got the ready for review email on the 9th too. Would we get an email by now if we are to have an interview?

I submitted it on August 31st and they said I would receive a decision by October 1st.

I don’t know but in last year’s thread, people said they were getting interview requests the week before Oct 1st. Not everyone gets interviews though. I attended one of their webinars and they said that they only have limited staff to do interviews and tried to prioritize anyone they might have a question for.