Competitive test scores for nursing school

What would say is a competitive SAT and/or ACT score for a nursing schools?

@am9799 It depends on what you’re looking for. I’d say a 31+ ACT would make you competitive for a lot of nursing programs.

When we visited UMass Amherst we were told than typical SAT scores for nursing would be above 1300 but did not offer more than that. Also Northeastern showed us the stats from the school not stats by major. One of my kid is in business school and we loved when they had their stats presented separately. I mean never a sure thing but a bit easier to see where you stand.

I found this for Georgetown 50% range (nursing.)
660-750 english
680-770 math
31-34 ACT
So I guess above 1350 for some schools.

It varies greatly from school to school. Georgetown for instance would be unusually high. U Mass Amherst is also more competitive than most programs. There are some direct entry programs in PA where a student can be accepted with moderately good but not overwhelming scores, for instance.

At UVa, the nursing program has the lowest admission rates among all of the schools.

Almost every college, you will need higher scores for nursing than for the average student body.

It depends on which state you want to pursue nursing.

Some of the flagship universities (such as Pitt, Penn State-UP, Rutgers, UVa, U Del., UCLA, Mass-Amherst) are very popular with nursing applicants and therefore have much tougher admissions. Some other public universities or branch campuses are in less popular locations or are less well-known and therefore have less difficult admissions. A number of lesser known private universities also have less difficult admissions.

There are many variables. For instance, some states have many nursing programs, while others have few. The number of seats in each nursing program varies. You can look at the RN nursing exam results for each state, which most states list online. That table not only tells you the percent of grads from each college that passed the test on the first try, but also tells you the number of graduates of each program.

Here are some other data, although the SAT is made up using concordance tables so take it with a grain of salt.

School of Nursing-Newark 1290-1390 27-29
School of Nursing-New Brunswick 1350-1470 29-32
School of Nursing Camden 1140-1300 23-27