Computer Requirements

<p>I'm going into Pamplin and need to get my laptop for it.
I've read the requirements but unsure as to which computer to get.
Anyone have a reliable computer they used in Pamplin or anyone know of any?
I planned on buying a Macbook Pro but after reading the requirements I guess I'll need something else.</p>

<p>I was thinking the HP Pavilion dm4t or the HP Envy 15.</p>

<p>Which part of the MacBook Pro do you feel doesn’t meet the requirements?</p>

<p>wouldn’t I need windows 7 and all that comes with having a PC?
it didn’t say I could get a Mac on the requirements</p>

<p>With a Mac you can run a program called Bootcamp; it lets run both the Mac OSC (the Windows for Mac), and Windows 7 (or any other OS) on the computer.</p>

<p>I once knew a guy named Albert Luu,
I bet you are him and so you are a fuu (or don’t know kung-fu, thereof).</p>

<p>:)I hope I am right,
or I shall flight away in blight.</p>

<p>:the state or result of being impaired, destroyed, ruined, frustrated or deteriorated</p>

<p>Sorry, Albert Hinman, lol</p>

<p>Anyways, on the Bootcamp, here’s a link to the apple website describing how it works.
[Apple</a> - Support - Boot Camp](<a href=“http://www.apple.com/support/bootcamp/]Apple”>Boot Camp Assistant User Guide for Mac - Apple Support)</p>

<p>I am trying to buy a computer for my freshmen term & going over the requirements! Boy are they really picky! The ones that the bookstore offers are really expensive. I have found several that are much cheaper & have more bells & whistles at Best Buy, & Dell. The question I have is, if I have a computer issue(maybe just problems with the schools programs or a virus issue) will the tech service look at it without charging me $150?? I can get a 3 or 4yr accidental insurance for major problems.</p>

<p>Don’t get a Mac if your an Engineering Major.</p>

<p>You can sip the mac kool-aid if you get bootcamp, but Intel Macs just seem counter to every advantage Apple’s had in the past. This is a subject that’s been hashed and rehashed here and on the internet so no reason to really talk about it or get angry :-)</p>

<p>^
Yeah, I have an apple and absolutely love it, but if you feel the bootcamp stuff and if you don’t want to fork out extra cash for everything. Just buy a PC for all your troubles.</p>

<p>Also I’d stay away from the bookstore unless they improved. Basically they jack up the prices and try to sell you in since you can take your computer there at a cost if there is something wrong but I’ve heard of people having issues with them not being able to fix it and them shipping it to the manufacturer ect. For PC’s I’d order one online or go to Best Buy.</p>

<p>*Basically if you plan on using any programming/system intensive software or specific engineering/ customized software, get a PC. </p>

<p>*If you are doing any media intensive tasks like photo/video editing using Adobe, Macs are supposedly better.</p>

<p>*If you are not an Engineering major, it really comes down to personal taste and how much money you have to blow. Macs are good for “basic” computer users who just do normal college related work on them but are almost 3 times expensive as a basic netbook which can do the same things.</p>

<p>*Macs with the same hardware specs as PC’s are usually more expensive than their PC cousins and that’s a fact. Why people justify spending the extra $500 or $1000, beats me but I guess it’s because the lack of crashes and virus threats that’s plagued windows. However after Windows 7, a lot of the crash/freeze aspects have almost disappeared. </p>

<p>I’ll admit, Macs look sexy,durable and sleek and I looked into them deeper when I saw the new Mac pros but when I saw the cost ($2000+), I said no way. </p>

<p>I guess it just comes down to if you grew up a Mac user or PC user.</p>

<p>If Macs/Apple were more open and less expensive then I’d probably buy one, but they aren’t and wont’ be anytime soon.</p>