Connecticut College RD Class of 2026

Same. The in state univ my sister graduated from left us more on the bill than Conn. So excited. Six more schools to hear from, but today was a game changer!!!

1 Like

I got waitlisted at Conn. Do you think I have chances to be accepted? Iā€™m an international student, ConnColl is my only option for now(

Itā€™s a possibility, but highly unlikely to happen. Looking at the 20-21 Common Data Set, there were 1,642 people offered a spot on the waitlist. Of those individuals, 705 accepted their spots on the waitlist. Of those, 5 waitlisted students were admitted. So less than 1% of the waitlist was accepted that year. There may have been a lot of uncertainty by the college about what its yield is going to be because of a significantly higher number of applications, so they may depend more on the waitlist this year than in the past. But I would not expect to get off the waitlist.

If you still want to attend then make sure you accept your spot on the waitlist and write a letter of continued interest. If itā€™s your first choice and you would attend if accepted, let them know that, too. Once that is done, however, itā€™s generally advised that people treat a waitlist like a rejection and move on and make other plans. If things turn out the way you hope, then itā€™s great. But odds are that it will not happen.

Do you have an acceptance at a college in your home country? Or are you still looking for a spot? What is the budget?

Thank you for your response! Well, I see that chances are lowā€¦
Anyway, Iā€™m gonna write a LOCI. Iā€™m actually russian and recently I was arrested for picketing against the war, and Iā€™m thinking of mentioning it in my letter, because it was a street performance, and I chose theatre as my major, so itā€™s kinda creative :smiley:
what do you think?

8 Likes

If you frame it as using your art to impact the lives of others, perhaps?

Wishing you the best of luck and that you stay safe during these troubling times.

1 Like

Hi did any admitted students receive any package or mail of some sorts?

Noā€¦

1 Like

Today, yes.

2 Likes

My sonā€™s packet also came today. Love the insiderā€™s campus map!

1 Like

What was the acceptance rate this year?

32% i think

2 Likes

Did your son commit? My DD is still on the fence but she hasnā€™t received anything from the college.

My son is still deciding. We are attending a couple of admitted student days, including Connā€™s, in the next week and he will decide after that. Did your daughter receive the packet from admissions with her acceptance letter and map? My son hasnā€™t received any other physical mail but he did receive a nice email from the music department.

For those of you accepted with Merit Founders Scholarships, is this annual or a one-time deal? Thank you!

Annual

1 Like