Conservative Coastie

<p>Pardon mistakes folks I'm on my phonehere </p>

<p>So I'm visiting the university right now (from California) and I love it<br>
But anyways I went on a tour today and was chatting with the young lady leading it about the political climate at UW and she said conservatives and libertarians (like me) are few and far between in Madison </p>

<p>Now I don't really have a problem with that as I'm pretty used to it living in California and besides I like a challenge
However what I want to know is if they are my type is singled out and the like. That is all</p>

<p>Dick Cheney didn’t sweat it. And I attended Madison with Greta Van Susteren, and she didn’t either. Seek out like-minded individuals via clubs or political organizations if you feel you need to locate kindred spirits regularly: Young Americans for Liberty, College Republicans, whatever. Its all there.</p>

<p>Diverse opinions at UW. Majority doesn’t mean the only way to think.</p>

<p>You can certainly find like-minded students, but UW and Madison itself is undoubtedly very liberal.</p>

<p>The only thing I worry about is if my son takes a conservative view on one of his papers. Will he get a fair grade??</p>

<p>The student government is headed by a female Jewish republican from NJ. Ron Paul drew a huge crowd. All are welcome.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>As long as the argument is supported by facts and solid reasoning, yes (which goes for anyone).</p>